Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 22 July 2011

Go sit on the naughty step!

22nd July 2011

Life is never so bad at its worst that it is impossible to live; it is never so good at its best that it is easy to live.

I’ve just got back from walking the dog and for me it’s my thinking time, an hour uninterrupted of just mindless wandering, I love it.  This morning I was thinking about my day ahead, I’m going bowling again with the kids, and my mind started to wander and I thought about Supernanny and how she has her reward system for teaching the kids and thought how funny it would be if we tried doing that for ourselves and our diets, when we lost weight we could get a star for our card and when we’d not lost any weight or gone off track, we’d get to go sit on the naughty step and think about what we’d done ;D Maybe not ay?

But it is a great idea to reward yourself when you’ve had a great week, or a fab weight loss.  It’s important not to reward yourself with food because we need to take the emphasis off food, take away its power.  I treated myself to a lovely orchard plant last week because I haven’t had any wine, the plant will last a whole lot longer than the couple of bottles of wine the tenner would have bought.  We all like to be praised and rewarded for doing well, so hopefully you’ll realise how important it is to take time to praise and reward yourself.

I’m really in the zone at the moment, had a couple of hungry days thanks to the joys of being a woman but I haven’t got off track.  When you think about it, starting the Weight Watchers plan is a be like getting married!  Yeah the first few weeks are the honeymoon period, you’re really enthusiastic, very disciplined about tracking, measuring and attending your meetings to get weighed.  You’ve got that loving feeling.  But then reality kicks in and the going starts to get a little tougher.   That’s why it’s a great idea to write down how you’re feeling in those first few weeks, then if you start to lose your mojo a little later on, you can read it and remotivate yourself, because let’s be honest, that feeling when you are in the zone and losing is great isn’t it?  And just like being married, it’s important to work through the hard times and remember the loving feeling you had when you joined.   I’m really enjoying feeling more energised, eating more yet healthier food and most of all, I totally loved being able to put a pair of jeans on this morning I haven’t been able to get my backside in for a long time.

One of the things I’m making sure I do at the moment is take care of myself, because I know that when I do, I’m more able to take care of those around me.  I’ve found that when I make my own needs a priority, I’m happier, healthier and more in control.  I love the way I feel at the moment and that feeling is impacting the way I’m behaving around my loved ones and everyone else too.  How do I know, because they’ve commented on it.

Research shows that an ongoing focus on self-improvement can affect your weight loss, and the energy and confidence that you’ll experience when you get to your goal weight will make a massive difference in what you’re able to do for others. 

We all need balance in our lives, so that we can help others and take care of ourselves.  It may be difficult at first to step and do something just for yourself, but remember, making time for your goals is crucial to your weight loss success.

Think about it, do you always seem to put everyone else’s needs ahead of your own?  Do you rarely have time to yourself?  Do you usually put your needs at the bottom of the list of what’s important?  Do you struggle to say no to other or do a lot for others and little for yourself?  If you’ve answered yes  to any of the above, then it’s a good sign you need to work on the habit of ‘taking care of yourself’.   Instead of thinking ‘I can’t’ start thinking ‘I can because I deserve it’. 

Stop and think for a second what one thing could you do this weekend to ‘take care of you’, why not go and buy yourself a nice bunch of flowers, if you’re short of cash either go pinch a bunch out of a garden or don’t buy the kids their chocolate this week, explain to them you spent it on flowers instead, as they’re healthier and you can all look at them!

Well I’m off to do my paperwork so I can go play later, got a busy fun weekend planned with no thought of food or wine – HOW FAB IS THAT!?


No comments: