Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 31 July 2011

I am too blessed to be stressed!

31st July 2011

I am too blessed to be stressed!

Last day of July, and ended it with energy, me and Alfie went out about half five and got back just after 7, well walking in the fields with Pat and Guinness, as we were walking so long I decided it was time to get my bum on my bike so I dropped Alfie home and I’ve just been out for half hour and done five mile on my ‘Wicked Whyte’ and it’s still as good as it always was, I bet it’s been two years since I’ve sat on it, always thought I should be walking Alfie if I had spare time for exercise but now realise I can do both.  Next weekend I’ll empty the car and take it over the chase I think, aim for an hour and build up gradually, got till October 3rd to get fit for the 40k sponsored ride which I hope you’re all gonna help me raise funds for ;D  I spent an hour making little ‘weight loss angel’ charms yesterday that I plan to sell to you all to raise money for Compton Hospice, I’m just waiting for the cards to arrive that will go with them.

An email I received this morning consisted on an A-Z gratitude list, I like that idea, I’m going to write one myself later.  “Count your blessings” is simple to the point of stupid—and powerful to the point of life-altering. Gratitude, that very specific feeling of thankfulness in your heart, allows you to see and absorb all you have, forgetting for a moment all you may lack. It connects your brain with your heart, and gives you the ground to be more giving, effective, loving human. Being grateful allows generosity to flow. And many believe it also makes us more receptive—as in, the more you love what you have, the more you get what you want. So why not write your own a list to remind you of fundamental things to be grateful for every day—from alcohol to clouds to ice cream to getting enough nightly Zzz’s.

Now I’m thinking there must be an A-Z gratitude list for losing weight, all the things that are good about it, let’s see if I can do it;

A – appetite – learning to understand and appreciate your appetite means enjoying your food more. (OR A - Alfie, cos he walks me miles)

B – Bananas – everyone who hears fruit is zero ProPoints always comments “even bananas”

C – Compliments – you’re bound to receive them as you lose weight and you’ll love it.

D – Drinking water – we are fortunate enough to be able to turn on a tap anytime & have a glass.

E – Eating - we may not do it as often as we used to but we enjoy it when we do.

F – Food – realizing it doesn’t have to be the enemy is an important part of weight loss.

G – Gorgeous - Knowing that’s what we all are regardless of our weight.

H – Humour – you gotta have a giggle, and we do that in my meetings.

I – Issues – realising you can deal with them without turning to food.

J -  Jumping about – The fitter you get the more you can do this!

K – Kitchen – I love my kitchen, it’s where I create all my delicious food these days, not where I got to stuff my face with junk.

L – Life – realising there’s more to life than food is one this that I’m truly grateful for.

M – Money – think how much you save not eating all that junk.

N – NO – the one word you should be grateful that you’ve learnt to say.

O – OMG – when someone say’s “OMG you look amazing, have you lost weight”.  You just love to hear it.

P – ProPoints – they make weight loss so simple.

Q – Queue – you’re always happy to wait in that queue at the scales to be told you’ve lost weight.

R – Restaurants – I enjoy eating out more now I appreciate food and don’t take it for granted.

S – Sleep – I’m always glad to get into bed after a good day on track.

T – Tracking – I’m glad I take the time to track my food, it helps me understand myself.

U – Upset– The one thing I no longer let my weight do to me.

V – voluptuous – I’ve learned to love my curves, I no longer want a washboard stomach and an empty plate.

W – Weight Watchers – OF COURSE, as if W would be anything else!

X – Xercise :D – we all feel better after a bit of exercise.

Y – YES – being able to say yes because you fancy something and knowing you have the ProPoints to cover it.

Z – Zero – We always enjoy zero propointed food :D

YAY I did it, would you have picked different things?  I’ve just had another email to say I’ve won a tenner on the lottery so it’s my lucky day.  Feeling creative today, so going to go and be a bit arty I think.  Whatever you’re doing, enjoy yourself. Xx


No comments: