Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 9 July 2011

Boom, Boom, Boom....(that's my head)

9th July 2011

Don't let a day go by without making contact with someone you care about.

Well I’m late today, stayed over at a friends house last night and I have to say I’m still feeling a little delicate even though I really didn’t drink more than I normally would had I been at home, must have been because I’ve had a few none drinking days, who knows but I shall be having a few more drink free days as I’ve slept better and I know it’ll help me move a few pounds. 

I’ve not got much to say today my brains not working very well at all, so I’ll do an extra good one tomorrow and today, mmm how about a recipe ;D

I had creamy mushrooms on toast yesterday, they were delicious, started with the basic recipe (below) and I added spring onions too and a bit of mustard

Creamy mushrooms on toast


Simmer 200g sliced mushrooms in a non-stick frying pan with 6 tbsp hot vegetable stock for 4-5 minutes, until the liquid has almost evaporated.  Stir in 40g low fat soft cheese (1pt approx) and heat through for a few minutes.  Serve on toast or jacket potato. Season with ground pepper and sprinkle on some snipped chives.

Today, when I’m feeling a little better I’m going to make liver and onions, potatoes and vegetables, but not yet, I’ve got to nip out for a couple of hours first.  At least I’m not gonna be spending any money, I’ve left my handbag at my mates house!

I had a gorgeous bouquet of flowers delivered too, so that’s put a huge smile on my face, my friends are wonderful.  It’s been a very special week for me this week, I changed to being an employee instead of self employed and Wednesday was my moms birthday but Wednesday was double special because we also made the final payment on our mortgage which is huge for me.   I’m so proud of myself for so many reasons, the obvious one being paying it off, but the fact I left school with no qualifications but still managed to do really well career wise.  Also I’m a huge spendaholic so to up my mortgage payments and try and make extra payments every time I’d saved a bit of money, took huge willpower, almost as difficult as saying no when someone offers you something delicious to eat ;D

It does prove though, if you decide you want something enough, you can make it happen, heck I’ve even stopped biting my nails if I can do that, I can go without wine for a while and get back to my goal weight.

YAY, let’s all be losers next week. xx

No comments: