Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Time flies, but not so fast if you keep a track of it!

5th July 2011
A smile of encouragement at the right moment may act like sunlight on a closed-up flower; it may be the turning point for a struggling life.

So yesterday was my first day as an employee of Weight Watchers rather than being self employed and it was all change, the paperwork was different and there were a few teething problems as you can imagine but it’ll get easier as time goes on.  One new thing I have to do is keep a time sheet, WOW, that really has made me aware of the time I waste sat at my desk, yesterday morning once I’d wrote my blog (on my time), I then started on the paperwork prior to the meeting and loading the car with stock (on WW time), I couldn’t believe when I’d done that I’d still got an hour before I had to leave, which mean I had time to prepare my lunch and evening meal and I also made a curry for today’s lunch.   

I have to say the lunch I had yesterday was really tasty, chicken breast stuffed with sundried tomato, spring onion & Cornish blue cheese, wrapped in Parma ham, served with sundried tomato & garlic couscous and roasted peppers 14pp. 

After doing my paperwork after the meeting which took longer than usual because of the changes and I gave up in the end because the spreadsheet wouldn't work I still had an hour spare between meetings so I had a read of my book – excellent. 

Writing things down makes you more accountable, you suddenly realise how much time you’re wasting or in the case of ProPoints and tracking, how much food you’re having that you maybe aren’t acknowledging!  Yes it definitely makes you more aware, so if you aren’t tracking, maybe it’s time to start or if you think you haven’t got time to do things maybe it’s time to track how you spend your time and notice where maybe you waste the odd hour or two.

Sandwich spread idea for today is;

White Bean Pesto

This gains its body from pureed white beans, not cheese or high fat pine nuts, but it's just as flavoursome as the original. Try on turkey or chicken sandwiches, or spread on crusty bread to make crostini - it's a delicious way to include healthy oils in your diet!
Easy prep: Toss into a food processor 225g canned drained white beans, 1 garlic clove (cut into a few pieces), 60g packed fresh basil leaves, ½ teaspoon salt, 60ml extra-virgin olive oil, and freshly ground black pepper. Process until smooth.
Have leftovers? Even if you've shied away from wholewheat pasta before, you'll love how its nutty bite complements this creamy sauce. Toss some pesto with wholewheat spaghetti cooked to al dente, stirring in some reserved pasta water to thin the sauce a bit. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

OR why not skip the bread and go for this;

Posh Potato Salad

ProPoints® Value: 2
Servings:
6
Preparation Time:
15 min
Cooking Time:
20 min
Level of Difficulty:
Easy


500 g Potatoes, New, Raw
2 medium Pepper, All Types, deseeded and halved
2 tablespoons Tomato Purèe (level)
2 tablespoons Lemon, juice
100 g Tomatoes, Cherry
50 g Olives, in Brine, drained
2 pinch Salt, and freshly ground black pepper, to season
12 Basil leaves
Cook potatoes in boiling, lightly salted water until just tender - about 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, grill peppers, skin side up, until blackened and charred. Cool, then peel and slice.

Mix the tomato puree and lemon juice in a large mixing bowl. Drain the hot potatoes and add to the bowl with the peppers, tossing everything together gently until coated.

Let the potatoes cool for a few minutes, then add the tomatoes and olives. Stir gently to mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then serve, scattered with basil leaves.

Another glorious day outside, although if you believe the papers, it's going to be the last one for at least a week, so go enjoy it. xx




No comments: