Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 11 July 2010

July 11th facebook email

Save a secret place in your heart where your dreams can dwell and blossom. Unknown

I had a lovely day yesterday spent a few hours being productive and creative on the pc on morning then mom, Alfie and me went round Katie’s for a coffee and to walk the dog then we nipped to get fruit and veg from the Holybush. Read my book for an hour in the bath, after which I went for an hour and a half massage – bliss, spent rest of day chilling out.

For someone who didn’t want a dog, I’m so glad we got him, he’s just lovely and so funny, yesterday at Katie’s he was playing with the hosepipe, not scared of water at all, I’ve put a video some pics on my blog, he’s not scared of anything!

As it’s Sunday I thought instead of talking food and diet I’d share with you things I’ve learned from my dog since having him! Because it’s my belief that everything and anything can be your teacher, if you’re wise enough to lend a curious ear.

Every day, my dog Alfie and I go out on our walks and once a week we go to the training class. It turns out he’s a very wise dog and here’s some of what my canine companion and his pals have taught me:

· If you wag your tail, people will pet you.
We don’t have tails, but we do have the human equivalent: a smile. Use it! Especially if you want to make new friends.

· If you love someone, let them know.
Dogs have no problem expressing their affection. We could use some of that.

· There’s no such thing as strangers.
I’ve had so many unmet dogs jump up on my lap and plop down. We’re all just friends, brothers and sisters that haven’t yet met.

· You don’t need much to be happy.
Dogs are really, really happy. Interestingly enough, few were standing in line for an iPhone 4. Hmm.

· You’re never too old to play.
Even the elderly canines aren’t too sophisticated to chase a ball and get down and dirty. Mom’s dog Lucy was still running around playing the day before she died!

· There’s nothing wrong with sticking your face in someone else’s ass.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No further explanation necessary ;-)

· Everything is an adventure.
More accurately, everything can be an adventure – if we allow ourselves to see it as such. I still haven’t heard a dog complain that he’s bored.

· Give lots of hugs and kisses.
They are a resource for renewable.

· A full belly and a good nap are two of life’s greatest pleasures.
Enough said.

· Love your true friends no matter what
Your pooch never judges you he just sits with his head in my lap when I need him!

So back to dieting here’s today’s habit changing tip;

Review Your Day - At the end of each day, sit quietly and reflect on how well you did in taking the next step toward your goal and practicing your new habit. Ask yourself what you can do better next time to insure that you will behave or respond in the way you want to. Focus on that tomorrow.

Remember Life Starts NOW!

Are you living yet :-)

No comments: