Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 2 July 2010

2nd July 2010 email

In the practice of tolerance, one's perceived enemy is the best teacher. Dalai Lama

Yay was allowed to sleep to 5am this morning Alfie is definitely getting better so we’ve walked round the block it’s a bit wet out there but its cleared the air which is a bonus.

Well I was quite proud of myself last night, ravenous as I always am on a Thursday night on the way back from my meeting I made the mistake of stopping of at the Tesco garage to check out the reductions and I resisted all the naughties! Instead I had a meal deal which was still 8pts but I had the points left so it was ok and I really enjoyed it, as I didn’t have to cook anything. I’d cooked at lunchtime and it looked and tasted delicious, the recipe is on my blog if you fancy honeyed duck and noodle stir fry.

I had a find in the garage though, a “Mattessons Mighty Bite”, roast flavour ready to eat 100% marinated chicken breast on a stick, only 1½pts (75g) and ideal for a quick fix if you’re hungry but want to stay healthy. On the other hand I also found a not so goodie a “Wicked Pig” southern fried flavoured pork snacks 2½pts (42g) not as nice and half the weight for twice the points value!

Well I’m off to the new ‘all you can eat’ Cosmo restaurant today so wish me luck! No I’ve decided I’m not going to go crazy because I’ve done so well all week, I’m going to have a small breakfast so that I’ve got extra points to play with and I’ve been earning between 5-7pts a day on pedometer so can indulge just a little!.

Continuing with the theme of changing one habit at a time by making small changes. Here’s today’s habit changing tip;

Challenge limiting beliefs from the past - beware of your old conditioning and limitations that family or friends may have imposed on you. A wonderful world of total possibility surrounds you. Your goals are more achievable when you believe they are.

What makes it difficult for someone to change? Well experts say we all have a psychological comfort zone. We all have beliefs about ourselves (both good and bad) about who we are, how we should be, what we should have, what we deserve. These beliefs ultimately define and (more importantly) limit how successful we are in achieving things.

How many people have you known who have lost a lot of weight only to gain it back — and then some? Why does this happen? Well, many believe that we all have a pre-determined comfort level about what we are supposed to have and who we are supposed to be.

When something takes us too far out of that comfort zone —even when it’s a positive something, we do something to self-sabotage. People will deliberately undermine themselves and all that they have gained to go back to a place where they felt more comfortable, a place that’s more familiar — even if that place is a pretty lousy place to be.

How do we stop this? We need to take a hard look at what we really feel we deserve and make sure that those beliefs are ones that support us — rather than sabotage us.

So you need to be willing to take an honest look at what you really believe, do you have any limiting beliefs stopping you reaching your goal. Can you imagine yourself thin, fit, healthy?

Consider what might have shaped any negative beliefs then work on replacing those old limiting beliefs with something new and empowering and in-line with your goal. Usually this is just a matter of stating the opposite of the negative belief. So perhaps “I’ll never be able to lose weight” becomes…”There is no reason in the world that I can’t lose weight and get my gold membership. Bev’s helped numerous members reach they’re goal and I can get there too!” Try to repeat your new beliefs every time the old thoughts creep into your head.

And lastly… remember “the past does not equal the future”. In other words just because you weren’t able to do something in the past, doesn’t mean there is any reason you can’t do it now.
Remember Life Starts NOW!

Are you living yet :-)

No comments: