Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 29 August 2023

That's all the Bank Holidays till Christmas done!

Monday 29th August 2023

Don't let the scale define you.  Easier said than done isn't it sometimes, you try really hard to 'be good' and don't see the result you hope for!  I'd had a good week last week, not amazing, but good then I gained 1.5lb which I could've let knock my neck in but I didn't.  Instead I focused on the positives right now, I'm more active than I have been in a while, thanks to the pain management scheme and going to the gym with Aryn.  I eat 'healthyish' could do better and I am very happy with my life.

Now to work on the eat healthy part!  The papers were full of articles about ULTRA PROCESSED FOOD yesterday and the effect it's having on our bodies.  


But it isn't new news really, just new studies because this article was in the same paper a year ago New research gives more reasons to eat less-processed food | Food | The Guardian

What is frightening is the cost of food right now, it's easier and cheaper to buy all this UPF, I fell for it at the weekend, popped to Coop for a paper and they had 2 pizzas and a tub of cookie dough ice cream for a fiver, well I bought it because I can only buy a chicken for that, I still have to buy the rest of the meal, plus the pizza cooks faster using less fuel which is also crazy expensive right now.  It's a very, scary time because not only don't people have the money to buy good, nutritious food, they don't know how to cook a healthy meal because they're not taught it anymore in schools or by their parents.  Sad times...

I indulged yesterday in a cheese and potato pie with baked beans, not exactly low in calories but cheap to make and damn it was delicious, easy and healthy too I believe, nutritionally speaking, beans  are a good source of plant-based protein and are high in fibre, as well as being low in fat and calories. They also contain minerals such as iron and zinc, and are a good source of B vitamins such as folate. Including beans and pulses in your diet is also associated with a lower cardiovascular risk and may help balance blood sugar levels.

Shop-bought baked beans are a quick, easy and cost-effective snack or component of a meal, but don’t forget they have added ingredients including salt and sugar. Typically, about a third of the can contents is tomato sauce, which is rich in lycopene – a protective carotenoid that's associated with a lower risk of heart disease.  All of these things are a bonus, they are more expensive than they used to be but in comparison to other foods, they're still a cheap, filling, healthy meal.   Have them on wholemeal toast and you're sorted, I'll be having that this week I think, I really enjoyed them, I realised the secret is to heat them up low and slow, they taste better then.

I'm not expecting the scales to smile today, I've been out for food a couple of times this weekend.  Also thanks to the HRT patch I started bleeding on Friday and I'm still bleeding now, nothing heavy but it's the first time in over 3 years, so very, unwelcomed, having said that, if that's the price I have to pay for now to have the benefits of HRT, I'll take that.  I can really tell a difference in my mood, I haven't randomly started crying for now reason, or over reacted to a situation since using them. 

Sunday morning I was a brave girl, went for my MRI scan and I won't lie, when I first got on the bed and he asked me if I was claustrophobic, I replied a little yes, then as it moved me into the machine, I had a moment, when he asked if I was okay, I replied 'I don't know, give me a moment', no just start, I've waited too long for this'.  


Then the noise started and I closed my eyes trying to work out how to handle the next 15 minutes, I started with trying to match the noise with my own tunes in my head, then I though ooo count, one elephant, two elephant, realising that was a mistake because there are a lot of elephants in 15 minutes.  I finally settled on repeating the following over and over to myself in my head, "I am safe, I am loved, I am being cared for", kept relaxing my body every time I realised I'd tightened everything up again and before you knew it, he was getting me out saying, 'you did really well'.   Now to wait 2-4 weeks he said, but I know a few people who've been waiting a lot longer for their results.  Fingers crossed it's sooner.

I got outside and my legs went a little jelly ish, I started to walk towards the main road to get some fresh air as I waited for my lift home, glad it was all over.  

Isn't it silly really, I remember saying to myself whilst in there, it's not painful, it can't kill you, you can get out if something goes wrong, why are you worrying and getting all anxious.  STOP IT NOW, that's when I started with the affirmations that worked.  Our minds are powerful aren't they!  Maybe I need to start saying 'I only like good healthy foods' continually :) 

Right, time to get ready for work, looking forward to my week, last week of the school holidays, how fast as that gone!  Well I think it has anyway, must try and do one more thing with him before he goes back next week, it's been his choice not to go anywhere though, he hates the heat and even though we think it's been a crap summer, he still says it's hot lol.

Mwah, luv ya

Love me x

No comments: