Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 31 August 2023

A delcious food experience

Thursday 31st August 2023


Well after a lovely huddle yesterday morning, I came home to get Aryn to go to the gym, we had an hour there, then decided we were going to go for Tapas at Facebook UK PINTORESCO which is in Featherstone next door to the Indian King's Response that's been there for years.  Oh we were not disappointed.  The chef / owner was so friendly, he came and had a chat before we ordered and told us about the menu, we also got chatting later on when I told him how incredible the tomato sauce on the meatballs were.  Now anyone who knows me, knows I'm not a fan of tomato based dishes, they just don't do it for me at all, but this bowl of meatballs in tomato sauce was one of the best sauces I've ever tasted in my life!  I do not exaggerate, he gave me a few hints on the recipe so I will give it a go myself, but it's his nanna's recipe and you know I just won't be able to replicate it!  I am more likely to go and buy a few portions as a takeaway, add spaghetti and garlic bread to it and pretend I made it earlier :) 

It was so good, I'd forgot the photo until we'd nearly finished it, we'd had homemade rustic bread with aioli & pinto tomato too but completely forgot the photo there!  YOU HAVE TO GO TRY THIS PLACE!  Eventually he plans to have a little deli attached - I can't wait.  I was good, I only ate a little of the cake, I'm all about the savoury food really.   


 
Patatas bravas                                   Pork belly with chipotle sauce

 
garlic mushrooms            Pork meatballs in tomato sauce (grandma’s recipe)
 

We nipped to Aldi on the way home for water and waffles, then the rest of our day was chilling, we watched some more The Walking Dead.  I was in bed by half eight still full to the brim, the bonus there is I'm not even tempted by wine!  I'd had a healthy breakfast of sardines on a slice of toast and that was my day.

I rarely get a meal in my mind that stays there and makes me want it again, the last time it happened I was in Prague and I still crave that goulash, thankfully this place is closer and if I don't replicate it, I shall be going for takeaway unless himself fancies a meal out, because there's plenty more on the menu I want to try.  The tapas are £8 each, we had 2 each and it was plenty, we were full before that cake arrived, I wished I'd not ordered any, but Aryn inhaled his no problem at all, the boy has hollow legs where food is concerned at the minute, not surprising as he's got to be 6ft now, that's an 8in grown in 18 months!  

I'm already showered and ready for work, was awake at 5, I've got a shopping delivery coming between 6 and 7, I've decided to do online again to try and get some order in my meals.  I got a 2 month free offer if I signed up, so I've gone for the mid-week delivery option which is half the price of the anytime.  I'll have a delivery every Tuesday afternoon I think, I was going to do Wednesday, but I can go to gym/swimming on a Wednesday after work, Tuesday I work most of the day so can get it delivered between huddles.  

Here's to being 1% better today than I was yesterday (that won't be difficult!), I've got my pack of water in the boot so I don't forget to take it with me when I got to work - which I always do.  I need to go plan dinner before leaving, maybe defrost something, I want light food today, might have some fish actually as I have a lot of that in freezer.

Have a great day, 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x





No comments: