Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 28 August 2013

It's all good ;-)

28th August 2013
“Difficulties in life are intended to make us better, not bitter.” Dan Reeves
You can think yourself happy (or at least happier) if you use positive language – even when you’re just talking to yourself inside your head.  Negative words can lower your mood, whereas you can control your mind to lift your mood by using powerful positive words.  So say things like ‘I can do that’ rather than I’ll never be able to do that’.  Give it a go, what you got to lose!
I’m a glass is half full kind of girl, I’m not sure I’ve always been that way, but I do know I’ve spent plenty of time over the last ten years working on how I behave or react to situations in my life.
So here’s an example, two scenarios, you’re sitting in a hospital pharmacist for your medication.  You're told the waiting time is 35 minutes.  Do you;

1)  You tut, sit down and spend the next half hour moaning about waiting, saying out loud, "this is ridiculous, what's taking so long, why does it take 30 minutes to put a bottle of tablets in a bag". You're getting angrier and more stressed by the minute, you're moaning now about how much you're paying to park and it feels like forever before they call your name. And when you do get your medication you walk out muttering about how you’ve waited all that time for this and you’ve got better things to be doing!
Or
2) You say thank you to the lady and comment "it takes as long as it takes", you sit down and use the time to take a break from your day whilst thinking to yourself how these tablets are going to start to make you (or whoever you’re collecting them for) feel well again, isn't it great that we have a health service, and yes you have things to do but it'll have to wait because this is your priority and the medical staff are doing the best they can with the resourses they have.

Which you choose, makes a massive difference to how you feel internally, both physically and emotionally.  I watched a room full of people behaving like scenario 1 yesterday whilst I sat there being scenario two.

The same approach can be used for healthy eating and weight loss, you can get all wrapped up in how difficult it is, how long it's going to take, how you'd rather not have to do it.  Or you can see it as a way of life, taking care of yourself and loving yourself enough to want to feed yourself healthy nutritious food most of the time whilst still enjoying the odd treat and moments of indulgence.
So my trip to the hospital went as I expected, I've been given another two weeks of antibiotics because they won't operate and remove the cyst until the infection has gone (understandably so), so instead of sulking about the fact I'm looking at a good few months before that's likely to happen, I'm smiling at my reflection every time I look in the mirror because I looks silly and I’m thinking how can I give myself the best chance of healing.  For the next two weeks I've decided to help those antibiotics do their thing by cutting out all alcohol and eating as healthy as possible, no ready meals or junk food, just good clean filling & healthy nutritious food and plenty of water. I will be fighting fit the next time I see my consultant in six weeks time!

So a little planning is in order, a shopping list and a sort out of the kitchen cupboards, that’ll give me something to do this weekend.  Until then, I’ll nip to Asda today with my filling and healthy list of foods and get a few things to add to what I already have to make a couple of meals and I’ll start looking for some new recipes to try, I like a change and I haven’t tried much new lately.
I gained a pound at the scales this week, I’m not surprised, I did have my pity party at the weekend because I didn’t feel fab, but it’s all good, I’m back on it again, healthy & happy forever remember. 
Fresh tracking week started yesterday & it looked like this;

Breakfast - Bacon & mushroom Sandwich – 11pp
Lunch – Chicken & rice casserole – 10pp
Tea – Chargrilled Aubergine Soup (recipe on WW esource) with nimble bread – 6pp,
I then went and got another slice of bread to dunk which was 3pp a slice because all the nimble had done!
Too much bread over the day, but it was healthy bread at least, I did however have my five a day or more! 

Total for day – 30pp
Earned on pedometer – 7pp
I’m tracking on my phone app, so no excuses.
Here’s to a healthy day, my body is a shrine this week J what’s yours?
Eating Gorgeous :) Already BeYouTiful - even with a big lump on my neck!

No comments: