Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 19 August 2013

Here's to a filling, healthy & happy Monday!

19th August 2013
“The first and most important step toward success is the feeling that we can succeed.”  - Nelson Boswell
 
Well my necks bigger than Mike Tysons right now, thought it was going down last night, just looked like an egg sticking out but this morning its all swollen again, hoping it’s because I’ve been lying down, fingers crossed.  Painkillers are helping and they’ll get me through my working days this week ;) so I’ll be there!
Staying on track was difficult yesterday, I’m glad I hadn’t been to do a big shop, with the cupboards bare’ish I could only eat so much, if there had been any cheese and onion crisps in the house it would’ve all been over.  Television is rubbish, I couldn’t concentrate to read, so I just sat round a little out of sorts wishing I could concentrate to do something, hopefully I’m a bit better today and fingers crossed the swelling goes down soon!
Let’s focus on the positive, we all know when we lose weight there are so many benefits connected with it and just one was posted in our Facebook group (for my meeting members only) by a lovely member of mine who’s done fantastically so far having lost 45.5lb (over 3 stone), this is what Sam wrote;
 
“You know when you've always had 1 friend whose figure you've always admired ...WELL I’VE JUST FITTED INTO HER DRESS! I'll say it again Bev's Weight Watchers is amazing!”
 
Now that is cause for celebration, that’s one of those none scale victories that just make you grin wide like a Cheshire cat.  I love it when my members share those kids of happy moments with me, I’ve received texts from members in changing rooms sharing they joy with me – it’s brilliant. 
 
One of the ladies at the church handed me a couple of pair of second hand jeans last Thursday to try on and anyone who know me knows when it comes to buying jeans I’ve got a funny shape body, I’ve spent hours in a Levi shop only to leave feeling deformed because they couldn’t find a pair that fit me correctly.  So I looked at these jeans and they were size 12 from Next, I smiled and said they won’t fit me, she insisted I try them on and they did, I was thrilled, they even fit in length too, chuffed didn’t come close especially as they were 50p a pair – result.
 
So think about some of the changes you’ve noticed, or if you’re struggling to get on track think of some of the changes you’d like to notice!  We celebrated Rachel being at goal for a year last Thursday after losing 11 stone, and as she wrote in her words “It’s been the best year of my life, here’s to many more!”
 
See you can lose it and keep it off forever, you can change how you think about food and how you behave around it, if you work on your thoughts as well as what/when and how you eat at the same time, the changes you make will last, there isn’t a quick solution, this way is much more enjoyable.   I like food, I’ll always enjoy eating, I’ll even overeat at times because it serves a purpose for me, I’m okay with that, it’s part of my personality and as long as it isn’t making me unhappy nor unhealthy it’s ok.
 
So back to my tracker I didn’t do too badly with my eating yesterday,


Breakfast
Bagel (6pp) with chicken and blue cheese (6pp) total 12pp
 
Lunch
½ can chicken soup, slice of eggy bread 6pp
 
Snack
Muller strawberry cheesecake Corner 6pp
Bit of left over chicken, 3pp
 
Tea
Waitrose ham hock & pea fiorelli 5pp topped with 1pp Parmesan cheese. 6pp
Highlights chocolate 1pp
2 ryvita with WW spread 2pp
Milk in tea 3pp
 
Total 39pp
 
That’s more or less my weeklies wiped out and although I did earn activity ProPoints because I’ve barely moved the last 3 days, I’m ignoring them.  Weigh day tomorrow, so I’m going to opt for a F&H day today I think, see what I can concoct to keep me satisfied.
 
Here’s to a filling, healthy and happy Monday of Eating Gorgeous and Being BeYouTiful even with a thick neck ;)

No comments: