Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 20 February 2012

The miracle of you!

20th February 2012
There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle, or you can live as if everything is a miracle. Albert Einstein
I’m sleeping well at the moment, and I have penicillin from the emergency doctors for my throat so that should sort me out soon enough. 
Apart from the throat and being tired, I do feel better in myself, and I’m sure eating well and not drinking is helping, haven’t had a drink for over a week and haven’t wanted one either which is a bonus, I’ve been eating 3 meals a day and keeping treats to exactly that treats.  Yesterday I had a tiramisu for 7pp after my Sunday roast and it was delicious, I didn’t eat again though all day because I was full to the brim.  No cooking required today as I have the chicken casserole that I made Saturday to eat, and chicken wraps for tea.
What did you think about the ‘ten rules for life’ I blogged yesterday, I love them and am reading a little book that goes into more detail.  I particularly love the first one, “You will receive a body – you may love it or hate it, but it will be yours for the duration of your life on Earth”.  Yep think about it, you can accept it or reject it, but it is the only one you will receive in this lifetime.  There isn’t a refund policy, you can’t part exchange it, so it is important that you learn to love it as the relationship between you and your body is the most fundamental and important relationship of your lifetime.  It is the blueprint from which all your other relationships will be built.
We all have a different relationship with our body, you may think of yours as a custom-built home or you may feel that it isn’t matched to your personality!   You may have a strong connection or you may be uncomfortable with your body and feel that you would like it to be different, thinner, stronger, healthier, more attractive, less clumsy.  No matter what you feel about your body, it’s yours and the relationship you have with it will have a great influence on the quality of your life.
So if you haven’t already done so make peace with it, accept it and respect it, you’ll be amazed at the effect it has on your self-esteem.  
Louise Hay (an author and a very wise lady) says, “I find that when we really love and accept and approve of ourselves exactly as we are, then everything in life works”
Acceptance is embracing what life presents to you with a good attitude.  Now unless you plan to spend the majority of your time in out of body experience, your body shows up wherever you are, so you need to get used to it!  Otherwise it can really ruin your days, think about it how many times has a potentially wonderful day at the beach been ruined by you judging how you look in a bathing suit?  Imagine how much fun you could have if you accepted ‘this is me and I’m happy with it.’
Seriously I’m not suggesting you stop trying t get healthy and lose weight, however if you accept yourself and respect yourself, you are much more likely to take care of yourself and feed your body healthy foods and exercise your body to change its shape.
For years I was obsessed with the shape of my body, particularly my big thighs!  I didn’t just want them slimmer and firmer, I hid them under trousers, even on the hottest days, those babies were never allowed to see the light of day.  The thigh weren’t the only part of my body I wanted to change and I’d spend hours at the gym and days undereating in an effort to make those changes, all of those hours were not pleasureable. 
I eventually decided to love the skin I’m in, yes I have large thighs, they are also healthy strong thighs, yes I can pinch more than an inch on my stomach  and when I do I smile cos it’s part of me.  The more I accept myself the easier I’ve found it is to follow a healthy eating plan, what used to be my attempt at punishing to my body is now me nourishing my body. 
These days I don’t run in order for my legs to firm up and change, I run because I’ve accepted my legs are amazing and capable of doing it and by running it gives the rest of my body energy.
Believe it or not there is plenty documented proof that the mind and body are connected, so acceptance of your body is not only essential for you emotional well-being, it is essential for your physical health too.  Denying your body complete acceptance can lead to illness, whereas practicing acceptance can heal disease.  Even the modern medical community now embraces the value of self-acceptance for its power to maintain a healthy mind and body. 
Does accepting your body exactly as it is now mean that you can never strive to improve it?  Of course not, it is perfectly natural to want to be your physical best, however if you approach that challenge from a place of love, it’s more likely to happen. 
Stop criticising, judging or finding fault with your body and you will be much happier – trust me.
Next Saturday those lovely chunk thighs of mine will be wrapped in fishnet stockings, decorated by a tutu with a tail and strutting about on a Burlesque night out in London.  If you’d have told me I’d be doing that a few years ago, I’d have laughed in your face but now I’m actually quite looking forward to it ;-)
Whilst we’re on a loving streak, learn to love Monday’s too, they go much quicker and hold much more enjoyment than you realise when you do.

No comments: