Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 14 February 2012

The game of life - you're playing whether you like it or not!

14th February 2012

Live boldly. Laugh loudly. Love truly.

Happy Valentines day everyone, remember self-love is just as important as love from others, so if you haven’t had a card and you really wanted one, go buy your own!  Remember to buy the flowers too ;-)

Yesterday I showed I loved myself buy food shopping – yeah seriously and I didn’t type that whilst laughing either!  I was just about to type I spent more than I usually do but I actually didn’t, I bought more expensive products but I bought a lot less so the total bill was about the same.  I looked at the ingredients in things to see which was the most natural so instead of peanut butter I bought almond butter because there wasn’t any added oils or salt.  I’ve bought organic vegetables which are more expensive so we shall see if they taste any different, if they do I’m considering having an organic veg box delivered weekly to my house http://www.abelandcole.co.uk/ deliver one for about £9, I need to investigate more when I have the time.

Of course there’s no such thing as good foods or bad foods, because NO food is morally good or bad - no chocolate bar has ever conspired to rot your teeth and Brussels sprouts don’t have halo’s around their heads, the food itself is neutral!   Always remember it’s the dose that makes the poison – everything in moderation.  One piece of chocolate is fine one huge bar a day, may not be so good for your body, one glass of wine is considered good for you, one bottle a day not so helpful to your liver!

If you label a food as bad, then when you eat it you feel bad and we tend to feel bad people should be punished.  Punishing yourself will NOT help you lose weight, loving yourself will?  I’ve already mentioned if you’d forgotten it’s Valentines day today, go buy yourself a bunch of flowers, remind yourself how amazing you are or better still go make yourself a really tasty meal.

So because I’ve been buying organic vegetables doesn’t mean I won’t indulge in the occasional treat this week, I’m just attempting to give my body some energy, I’m trying to counteract the effects that the dull drab days are having on my body and mind.  So far it seems to be working, I feel much more positive today then I did on Saturday. 

Yesterday I forgot to have my breakfast, I wouldn’t mind but I’d put my porridge on the side ready with my banana, nipped to do something and forgot.  Now they serve toast at the church but I didn’t want to eat white toast, so I held out, a member gave me a bottle of water and then after the meeting because I was going directly to another meeting, I stopped at Morrisons and bought an Activita greek style yogurt with honey and a banana and I really enjoyed them.  3pp well spent.

For lunch my mate cooked me a roast lamb dinner, which was divine for 18pp, then for tea I had a weird combination of kippers, blue cheese, spinach & wholegrain bread which came to 15pp.  I know that’s over my daily allowance, total for day including milk in tea was 38pp but it’s a huge improvement on the 100+ I’m sure I had on Friday (I didn’t track – first time in 8 weeks) and right now weight loss isn’t my priority, feeling healthy is and I’m hoping weight loss will eventually be the side effect of getting healthy.

Yesterday I posted on facebook;

Love it or Loathe it, Weight Watchers new theme is "PLAY", If life is a game here are a few of the rules as I see it:
1. You will be given a body.
2. You can treat it well or abuse it but you can't get a new body.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons.
4. Lessons will be repeated until learned.
5. There will always be new lessons to learn.

Wanna add your own rules? Comment below....

Some members did, this is what they said;

Shell Hemming
Sometimes you make a wrong move but that doesn't mean your out of the game! Acknowledge it and move on. :D

Lynne April Bott
‎Never give up - the highs make up for the lows

Azandest Bould
U can hide u can lie but u can't hide and lie from yourself x

Louise Burns
There is no 'get out of jail free' card! It's not going to be an easy game but it will be SO worth it ;)

I’d like to add one more too

- You can’t change others, you can only change yourself!


So what would you add to the rule sheet as you too, like it or not are playing the game of life!

No comments: