Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Cheer up you're having Broccoli!

28th February 2012

Our strength is often composed of the weakness that we're damned if we are going to show. Mignon McLaughlin

Managed a run yesterday after my meeting on the morning, I have to say I didn’t want to run and had to force myself out of the door, I wasn’t in the mood at all and even when I started I was thinking I’ll only manage ten minutes if I’m lucky, but I ended up going for 45 minutes and covered 4.12miles which ain’t very quick at all just under 11 minute miles but it’s faster and further than I thought I’d ever manage so I always feel better when I finish and that’s the reason I do it.

My diet wasn’t the best yesterday, I had the leftover KFC from Sunday but at least I didn’t have anything with it!  27pp on 5 pieces of chicken, 1 of which I ate for breakfast and 4 that I had for lunch!   Then my tea consisted of – wait for it, this is just so wrong, a bowl of grey peas (10pp) and broccoli which I cooked because it would have gone off!  The broccoli should’ve had a cheese sauce on it but I was just not in the mood yesterday at all, I was faffing about all afternoon, at least I earned 8pp with my run and a couple from the dog walking, so it could’ve been a lot worse.

I think we all have days like this don’t we, when you can’t be bothered or you’re too busy and making the time is too much effort.  The important thing is not to let those days turn into weeks.  So today I’m having a yogurt and banana for my breakfast, I shall eat the rest of the broccoli for lunch with cheese sauce and I’ll think about tea (mmm just looked on esource, there’s some nice cheese sauce recipes on there, there’s also a simple white sauce recipe in the complete kitchen that I’ll probably use and add cheese), might take chicken portions out of freezer and make a bit of a chicken chasseur, yep going to do that now.  That’s my day sorted, not so difficult when you bother is it – my body needs veggies today, I need my energy levels back up, especially as I’ve got another weekend away planned this Friday.

This week in meetings we’re looking at the important of the food choices you make and I have to say when I see some trackers they aren’t good!  I know you can eat anything as long as it’s within your allowance and lose weight but if your choices aren’t so great then you’re not going to feel too good whilst you’re losing.  It’s all about healthy balance, if you’re not sure what that is read thought your programme material again, there’s a section on healthy guidelines - worth going back to look.

Different foods do different things to your body, some have healing properties too if you believe what they say in articles, for example oats can lower cholestoral, and a book I have open in front of me now says berries can beat the blues, just a handful a day can help you jump-start your way to feeling better.  So porridge for breakfast covered in blueberries, strawberries, cranberries and/or raspberries.  Or maybe a smoothie,

(serves 1)
1 apple, quartered with the core removed
1 pear, quartered with the core removed
Handful of berries (fresh or frozen)
A splash of fruit juice (or sugar free squash)
Fruit yogurt to taste (PP vary

Blend until smooth and drink straight away. 

Or add them to a sugar free jelly for a delicious dessert later on.

Brocolli is another mood boosting food and is good for lots of things, there’s 5 pages of the things it can do in this book – we shan’t share all that, just remember it’s a very good veggie choice ;-)

On that note, I better get dressed and walk Alfie, mornings are most certainly getting lighter, just not quick enough!






No comments: