Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 11 January 2012

losing pounds & eating fab food - I love it

11th January 2012

Sooner or later, those who win are those who think they can. Richard Bach

Well I’m loving the weight losses in the meetings this week – 330lb lost yesterday and one to Goal, well done Nicola with a weight loss of 50lb and looking fabulous I have to say.  Also Gemma achieved her 10% yesterday which is also fabulous because she’d been out for the works Christmas meal this week and surprised people that she no longer wants to overeat because she actually finds she gets full these days!  That’s the greatest achievement of all, even better than weight loss in my opinion, teaching your body that it doesn’t need all this food, and of course convincing your mind it doesn’t need it either.

One of my ladies was asked if she was having an affair yesterday morning because she’d put make up on when she hasn’t been doing lately.  Her reply was “no I’m not, I know I’m overweight and now I know I’m doing something about it I already feel better in myself so this morning I made an effort”.   When she told me it made me smile because I realised I actually blow-dried my hair for the first time in a long time Monday night, I still ended up tying it up for convenience but I didn’t just let it drip dry like normal, so maybe making the effort goes hand-in-hand with taking care of ourselves from a health point of view.
Today I shall be cooking the one pan fry up from the new Complete Kitchen cook book – why?  Because a member text me a photo after she’d cooked it to show me how scrumptious it was and now I want it, plus its only 5pp or zero on a F&H day – nice. I also fancy the stilton stuffed mushrooms in filo in the same book for exactly the same reason, different member text that photo.  I’m loving all this new found passion from my members as they get in the kitchen and cook up a storm.  Looking lush, take a look on our facebook page 

I think it’s good to remember that cooking doesn’t have to take a long time or cost a fortune either, that one pan fry up takes 20minutes in total, as do the filo parcels.  I spent two hours in the kitchen Sunday, singing along to my favourite tunes whilst cooking enough food to fill my freezer.  The chicken I used was £2 a pack and made a casserole for four, not bad at all.
Now I’ve been looking for a recipe for teatime to use up the remaining mushrooms, here are a couple of quick easy suggestions;

Creamy mushroom risotto – serves 2 – 6pts each

Weight Watcher oil spray (1pp)
100g risotto rice (9pp)                   
300ml hot vegetable stock
175g chopped mushrooms                         
1 clove garlic, crushed
60g low fat soft cheese (2pp)     freshly ground pepper
A handful of roughly chopped fresh parsley

Spray saucepan once with oil spray, add the rice and gently fry over medium heat for 2 minutes or until lightly golden.  Gradually add stock and 150ml of hot water, and then bring to the boil.  Simmer for 20m or until tender and all the liquid is absorbed.  Add a little more water if required during cooking.  Spray frying pan with oil spray and add the mushrooms and garlic.  Fry for 4-5m, until starting to brown.

Stir the soft cheese into the cooked rice.  If the mixture is too thick add a little skimmed milk.  Remove the rice from the heat and stir in the mushrooms, parsley and black pepper to taste.  Serve immediately.

Mushroom sloppy Joes   4pp per serving
350g large button mushrooms, quartered
2 garlic cloves, crushed
low fat cooking spray (1pp)
150ml vegetable stock
can of Batchelors Low Fat condensed mushrooms soup (4pp)
2 tbsp half fat crème fraiche
4 medium slices of wholemeal bread (8pp)
salt & freshly ground black pepper
1tbsp chopped fresh parsley, to garnish.

Place mushrooms and garlic in a pan, spray with low fat cooking spray and cook them gently for 5 minutes.  Add stock and seasoning, and cook over a high heat for 5 minutes.  Stir in the soup and heat through.  Add the crème fraiche and stir well.  Remove from the heat toast the bread.  Top the four slices of toast with mixture.  Scatter over the parsley and serve.

Is it wrong that I could eat either of those now – it’s 5.15am!

Okay so whatever you end up eating today, enjoy it – I will!

No comments: