Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Hot water, fruit & oats - proper dieting!

24th January 2012
You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahlil Gibran
Well I’m back in the zone after my wonderful birthday weekend.  Went shopping for fruit and veggies, and I bought a chicken whilst in Morrisons, they’re reduced, my 1.4kg was £2.79 and once I’d skinned it and portioned it into four, (I removed the wings too) I worked out the four portions that were left totalled 26pp, so I added carrots and onions and oxo cubes and made a delicious casserole in a roasting tin covered with foil, left it in the oven for a good few hours on low until it was cooked.  Unfortunately as I was testing the meat to see if it was cooked the tin decided to slide towards me and tip so all the juices ran over the floor ;( the remaining chicken and vegetables were still delicious, I served them with mashed potato and carrot and have to say it was the nicest thing I’ve eaten since that chicken and bacon casserole I made which I think I’ll make again this week because it was lush.  So this was how my tracker looked yesterday, I felt totally in control wasn’t tempted once which shows when I’m busy it helps, also I went to bed at 8pm, I was tired though because I went straight to sleep, getting up at 5am means it’s okay to go to bed early.
Monday, January 23, 2012
Breakfast
1 sachet Weight Watchers Original Breakfast Oats
3
1/2 pint Milk, Skimmed for drinks
3
1 medium Banana
0
Subtotal
6
Lunch
1 can(s) Classic Mulligatawny Beef Curry
6
Subtotal
6
Dinner
chicken casserole made with onions, carrots, stock cubes
6
mash potato & carrot
5
Subtotal
11
Any Time
1 medium Pear
0
1 medium Clementine
0
200 ml Wine, Red
5
Subtotal
5
Food ProPoints values total used
28

I also did a 30 minute run (earning me 6pp with the walking before and after) which I really didn’t want to do after my meeting on the morning but felt better later on so went out then and even though it wasn’t easy, I’m so glad I did it.  Running for me reminds me that I can do more than I think I’m capable of, it makes me realise that when I think I’ve gone as far as I can go, I’ve always got another mile in me, that I believe goes for any part of my life.   I won’t be using those activity PP as I’m extremely overdrawn from the weekend, I’m just hoping for damage limitation between now and weigh day on Thursday!
I went back to drinking hot water too yesterday, I used to drink it all the time instead of tea, don’t know why I stopped really and the last few days cups of tea haven’t tasted so great.  I like it, I still have my cuppas but only have to count maximum ½ pint of milk instead of a pint as 5pp a day is a lot when you’re on 26-29pp!
Fruit was the other difference yesterday, I added a few pieces which I don’t usually bother with and have to say I’m impressed with Morrison’s selection of £1 fruits (strawberries, apples, pears, clementines) the clementines are so sweet, and this morning I’ve made up two dishes of fruit salad to satisfy me throughout the day.
Busy as I am, if I can’t find ten minutes to make a fruit bowl or 20 minutes to pop a casserole in the oven, I’ve realised I need to rethink my life and my priorities!  It’s no use me encouraging everyone else to get in the zone if I’m playing at it.
Thank you to everyone who helped motivate me yesterday morning to get on it, Facebook is a wonderful tool if you are stuck in an office on your own doing paperwork.  It’s 33 days before my next weekend of fun, so I would like to lose at least 5lb, I’d be thrilled with half a stone but happy to lose anything as long as I know I’ve stayed on track. 
You tracking today – I AM!

No comments: