Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 26 January 2012

Looking the side effects of this condition!

26th January 2012

It's easier to go down a hill than up, but the view is much better at the top. Arnold Bennet
I can honestly say that I haven’t felt this positive about taking care of myself in a very long time and I just love the side effects of that condition which are losing weight and eating healthy and feeling pretty damn good!  Oh yeah I love being in the zone, I really do.  I’m also enjoying my meetings so much this week, it’s great to see all those nodding heads and members joining in and of course losing a whole heap of weight.  A few are still struggling with the January blues or the post Christmas struggle to get back to normal, but just remember you will because that’s what we do.

If you’re struggling to get on track or you are on track and your not losing weight here are some tips that may help and it also might make you feel better too;

Tracker Guidelines – Why didn’t you lose this week?

·         Are you eating your 5 portions of fruit and vegetables a day? I’ve really made the effort with fruit the last few days and I seriously can tell the difference - my cravings have dropped and I’m not as hungry. 
·         Do you drink 2 litres of water a day? Again I’ve tried to drink more this week and I feel better for it.
·         Enjoy your daily allowance; you’ll only lose them if you don’t.
·         You have your weekly allowance for those little extras, so don’t deprive yourself.
·         Vary the meals that you eat, otherwise not only will you get bored but your body will get used to what you’re feeding it.
·         Try not to use too many points on junk or processed food, that’s not just cake and biscuits, but burgers, sausages etc.  These foods can affect your energy levels! Eat rubbish = feel rubbish.
·         Use low calorie/low fat alternatives like low fat cooking spray, low fat cheese and diet drinks if you want to.
·         Calcium – you can get your daily requirements from a pint of skimmed milk.
·         Cut down on saturated fat – cut off excess fat and skin from meat, eat more oily fish (mackerel, tuna, trout & salmon). 
·         Ready meals are convenient but you will get more from cooking your own meals from scratch.
·         Portion sizes – be realistic (a whole cooked chicken is not a portion!) 
·         Weigh your food it really makes a difference.
·         Move more, walk round the block after your evening meal, and dance whilst waiting for the kettle to boil.
·         Alcohol – try not to go over the recommended guidelines each week.

I’m also proud this week and a little bit jealous, my mates in the new Weight Watchers magazine and she’s looking brilliant, I’d love to be in our magazine, how cool would that be.

So can I keep my positivity going into the weekend?  I actually think I can, I haven’t bothered with wine the last two nights, I’ve been thinking of the scrumptious food I can eat instead.  Yesterday I made garlic cloves chicken (one of my favs) and had it with mashed carrot and potato which is one of my new favourites, mash is tastier with carrots and you get more which is always a bonus.  I feel like I’m not as tired as I usually am come Thursday which is amazing because my meeting was so busy last night and then my credit card machine broke making it even worse!  Maybe I’ve got more energy because I’m eating better; it has to make a difference doesn’t it.  I’ve no plans either so this weekend I intend to keep myself busy around the house catching up on paperwork and housework whilst not overeating or drinking ;)

Right on with my day, hope you’re feeling as good as me.  Have a really positive day – I WILL!

No comments: