Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 1 November 2011

If I can do it, so can you!

1st November 2011

Winners have simply formed the habit of doing things losers don't like to do. Albert Gray
Yesterday started fabulously, driving to work a heron flew over my car, seeing a heron always brightens my day and is always a good omen.  Got on the scales and had lost 1lb since last week.  After my meeting I decided I would go for a run over Cannock Chase despite the rain, so that’s what I did and I ran further than I ever have, I managed 7 miles in 1hour 22mins not fast but cross country and a couple of hills were thrown in too so I was very pleased with myself.   Walking back to the car I was absolutely thrilled, I couldn’t believe I’d managed to run for so long and I do believe I did a whoop whoop whilst jumping in the air ;D  It’s taken me 12 weeks to get this far, not bad for someone who struggled to run for a minute to start with.  If I can do it, so can you!

my journey so far;
9/8 started running
18/9 first 5k
28/9 first 4m
17/10 first 5m
31/10 first 7m
Once I’d got over my “I’m Rocky” moment and come back to reality I realised I’d only planned to run for 3 mile which would have taken just over 30 minutes so now I was an hour behind my schedule – not so good!

I mentioned last week that I had a hectic schedule and last night I told my Monday members that I had stepped down from that meeting and wouldn’t be doing it for much longer, I’m just waiting for them to find a replacement.  It was a tough decision for me to make because I love all my meetings and all my members, plus it means a pay cut.  However I’m falling behind with the out of the meeting work so need to do something and working more hours wasn’t the answer, so by dropping Monday night I have 4 or 5 hours to do the paperwork etc which means my existing members are getting the full service they deserve in and out of the meeting.   Plus my Ashmore Park (St Albans Church, Griffiths Drive, Wednesday 5.30&6.45pm) & Willenhall (Methodist Church, Wesley Road, Tuesday 9 & 10am, 5.15 & 6.30pm) meetings aren’t that far away if they want to stick with me.

Running and putting myself behind schedule meant my cooking plans went totally out of the window and because of it my food suffered, I think yesterday is possibly the worst tracker I’ve ever had in a long time;

Breakfast

Milk in tea = 3
Chicken toastie = 10

Lunch
Luncheon meat sandwich = 9

Snack
WW Peanut Bar = 2
WW Banoffee Bar = 2

 At meeting snack
WW Black Pepper Bakes = 2

Dinner
300g Aunt Bessie's Homestyle Crispy Roast Potatoes = 12pp
3 slices bread = 7
Spread = 2
Ketchup = 2
3 fish fingers = 5
2 Small bottles of lager = 12

Activity earned = Pedometer = 21pp (running and walking)

Total 68pp – 29pp (daily) – 21pp (activity) – 18pp (from weekly)

No fruit or vegetables!  7 slices of bread, I’ve decided I shan’t be buying Best of Both bread anymore because I like it too much and it’s too easy to use instead of making real food!  Just goes to show how easy it is to blow your ProPoints without really noticing!  68pp gone on a Monday – that’s a huge ouch. It’s a good job I’d earned all those activity ProPoints with my running, I’d set the pedometer to active whilst running and put it back to stepping afterwards.  Gutted that I wasted them though, hey ho lesson learnt – don’t be lazy at mealtimes.

Hopefully you’re Monday was a better start to your diet week than mine, here’s to a triumphant Tuesday ;D

xx

No comments: