Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 23 November 2011

22nd November 2011 

A setback is only a setup for a comeback.  

So the girls came back last night loaded with bags, they'd  spent rather a lot of money, eaten plenty cake to keep them energised and used all the posh hotel bathrooms on route. Meanwhile I'd had a nice long soak in the bath and was ravenous. 

We decided we wanted a steak so walked a couple of blocks to Smith and Wollenski for what was a very posh tea.  I had a NY sirloin on the bone mmm it was delicious and rare, because I knew it would be huge I ordered just a side of asparagus - no spuds it would have been too much.  The girls had fillet steak in a peppercorn sauce, Vicky ordered a jacket potato and you've never seen a spud so large we thought it was a rugby ball!  I had my first bottle of red and it cost me $60 it was calls Molly Dooker - two left feet it was 16% volume and after drinking it I did feel like I had two left feet, I was very very squiffy!  Vicky was the only one that managed a desert - chocolate and peanut butter layer cake, again it was huge and I had an Irish coffee hence the not really remembering going back to the hotel ;-)

The bill was $303 good job breakfast had been a freebie and my lunch was a $4 hotdog!  

Woke this morning feeling a little delicate, so haven't had a coffee yet opted for a resolve hoping its done the trick as we are now standing in a queue waiting to board an helicopter.

.....

Just got off the helicopter and I've lost the locker key oops so we are sat waiting for the helicopter to return and hopefully it fell out my pocket there otherwise I'm in trouble as all out handbags and passports in there.  

The flight was fabulous, it was interesting seeing New York from the air, flying over the Bronx you could tell its not a place to meander around!  The statue of liberty isn't as large as we expected it to be, maybe it looks bigger if your standing next to it. 

Earlier we went to Katz deli for breakfast, this was where Meg Ryan  did her fake orgasm in When Harry Met Sally!  I ordered their famous pastrami sandwich and it was ridiculously large and the meat was hot which I didn't expect. Only managed to eat half - there was enough meat to make four Sunday dinners!  Katie's scrambled eggs were amazing, again I hate to say it but they could teach the Waldorf how to cook eggs!   

It's been really sunny all week, we've been very lucky, today it's cloudy and rain is forecast but we haven't seen any yet.  

Well hopefully we'll get the key soon an can continue our adventure...


Well we found the key and moved onto the Staten Island and a 25 minute crossing.  I just have the two best travelling companions they make me smile all the time. We were sat on the boat and Vicky pipes up, "What are we doing this for again?". Hilarious!  Then as we arrived on Staten Island Katie, bless her says "Oh look at all these staten island ferries, is this like a port for them or something".  I'm saying nothing!

Once back in NY we walked up to ground zero where there is construction work going on so you can't get to the memorial itself so we were glad to have seen it from the sky earlier.  

Katie remembered that there was a shop close by called Century 21 and I agreed to go in thinking how long can it take to walk round one shop - four hours that how long!  Yep to say these girls can shop is an understatement but I'm not complaining because I got a pair of Levi's that actually fit for $23 and some other bargains. The girls bought so much you wouldn't believe, Vicky is the only women I know who can spend an hour in a chemist. 

It was suddenly 6pm and we all realised how hungry we were, we hadn't eaten since 9am and we devoured a Chinese for $10 each = bargain. 

By now it was pouring down, proper rain so we caught the subway and headed back to the room stopping to grab a beer, I'm actually drinking less here than I do at home.  Who knows maybe I won't gain too much weight after all.  

I'm shattered and have shin splints from walking so much but I'm also very happy. We are having a ball.  

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: