Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 26 November 2011

27th November 2011

I was strongest when I laughed at my weakness. Elmer Dictonius

So we did thanksgiving dinner at the View, New Yorks only revolving restaurant hugh in the sky and in all honesty that's all it's got going for it! I've come to the conclusion all the places you are told to go to eat in New York because they're the places to be, aren't that great for food. All the best meals we've had weren't mentioned in any guidebook and i haven't had a meal that's made me go wow or want to take a photo of! Don't get me wrong the food at 'The View' wasn't bad but it wasn't any better than what I had tonight for a quarter of the price. And of all the meals my $2 hotdog beats most things I've eaten, sorry but for me New York is not a place I'd get fat!

We still had a giggle, we all made an effort and got dressed up, we started in the hotel bar with a raspberry vodka martini and and he used a third of the bottle in it! Katie helped me out by drinking half of mine ;-). Katie asked the barman to take a picture of us and when we were looking at the photo, Katie said, "you look a bit Chinese there V", Vicky's reply, "yeah my hairs pulled back a bit tight!"

After what was a good night we headed back to the hotel for the girls to get changed and go out shopping again, it's what they call black Friday here today which is like our new year sales and they started at midnight! I waved them off and went to sleep.

I went for a run this morning round the local streets, I was quite pleased as I managed 45 blocks, half up hill, half down - not bad as I haven't run for almost two weeks and I've walked so much I still have shin splints and achy legs.

We had breakfast in Macdonalds so that we could use the free wi fi and then we spent most of the day shopping, bought mom some perfume and me a teddy bear then we came back and I've packed my case which was quite a challenge, I've only just managed to fit it all in and I've had to put my Uggs in my handbag! Think
I might wear them to travel in as my trainers will take less space.

We had a cheap dinner before going to see Sister Act on Broadway, which I'm glad to say was fabulous, comical and very enjoyable. It's coming to the Grand theatre in Wolverhampton next year (not the same cast obviously!) but well worth going to see.

It's now 11.30pm and I can't believe we've just spent our last night in New York, on one hand it's gone really quickly but at the same time it seems ages ago when we had our tour on the first day. I'm looking forward to seeing my mom and Alfie though and sleeping in my own bed.

New York is so busy, I really have an overwhelming desire to spend some time alone, there is no escape from the chaos and craziness - I truly could not live here!

Yep I love my home and my country, people moan all the time about the mess our countries in etc etc but I for one am glad I live there...

First meal when I get home mmmm either beans on toast or something with lots of veggies! And of course a big mug of tea. Then some normality would be nice - I like my life and am looking forward to getting back to it :-)


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: