Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 22 November 2011

21st November 2010

21st November 2010

You can become a winner only if you are willing to walk over the edge. Damon Runyon

Yet another brilliant day in New York City and when they say 'you're welcome' I have to say we really do feel welcome. It's a busy, bustling place but if you can connect with the locals on a one to one basis they really do come across as genuine and friendly.

Our morning started with no hot water in the hotel so after the second time of calling the front desk we were given free breakfast vouchers each so that's today sorted.

We were booked in for Sunday Brunch at the Waldorf which is extremely lavish and there were so many dishes to choose from - it was like Cosmo for rich people only if I'm hand on heart honest the food upon eating and tasting wasn't actually any better. The eggs benedict was over cooked and cold, the ones I'd had at the airport was as good and the ones I had once in London were far superior. The beef Wellington was cooked to perfection though and it was nice that there was so much choice. It's good to say we've done it but I wouldn't do it again, for what we paid the table service by our waiter in my opinion was pretty poor, they're weren't any spoons, so we had to ask for cutlery and he tried to overcharge us on our credit card twice!

The day did get better, after changing back into our jeans we had a couple of hours to kill so we strided - we don't merely walk now - up to Central Park where I got my first peak from close up = stunning. I just found it amazing that someone built such a huge expanse in such a city, it's valued about around 485 billion apparently!

We all jumped in a horse and carriage and went for a trip around the park, what a treat and on such a beautiful sunny day, we were walking round without our coats, I was wearing only a long shirt tshirt - glorious. The trees are all autumn colours and I can't wait to go back today on my own to explore, the girls plan to shop.

As we were walking away from the park a group of guys were about to start performing so we stayed to watch. They were called the Breeze team and danced and entertained us for about 20 mins. They were funny too they made us all start around the chalk line and the tall guy bent over in front of me and I got the peachiest round black bum in my face ;-) I was very tempted to grab a handful I have to say - I didn't! At the end of the show we were walking off and one came running over (quite funny black guy) calling after us "o no ladies you leaving us' jokingly I turned an ran back towards him in slow motion an we embraced like they do in the movies and then both laughed. He said "I hope you girls enjoyed the show, where you girls off to next'. I told him Times Square and he said they'd be down there later. As I walked away I heard him say, "damn I like the colour of you girl" check me out - I just got chatted up! Always good for the ego, I'm sure you'd agree.

We popped in an Abercrombie and Fitch store for Katie to get a hoody. Oh my word what's that all about, there was an half naked skinny man in the doorway and the shop was virtually in the dark and smelt strongly of what I'm guessing is there
Perfume. Not impressed how are you supposed to shop when you can barely see the assistant let alone the product!

We got to Time Square to join"the ride' I'd booked it before leaving the UK and I'm so glad I did. It was a bus ride where you sat facing sideways so you were looking at the sidewalks and the two hosts onboard entertained us with along the way with stories but not the normal history stuff. It was all very entertaining and along the ride we got entertained by what appeared to be a member of the public and they'd sing or dance and we could hear them inside - it was fantastic. We all sang "New York, New York" to everyone on Times Square and they clapped and swayed their arms. An hilarious experience and highly recommended.

We had a Macdonalds for our tea at least our brunch had lasted us all day and a burger for tea meant free WiFi.

And once again the lightweight party girls were back in our room by 9pm although we did stay awake till gone ten!

A much better night sleep and now it's 6am an Katie's going down to get our Starbucks coffee then we can go have our free breakfast.

22nd November 2011

It's 4.30pm and I've had a day on my own, after breakfast the girls went shopping and I went for a five hour walk including Central Park. I walked the entire park (it's two and a half miles long and half a mile wide), enjoying the peace and tranquility, I was surprised that's there we're actually roads throughout the park, I hadn't realised there were. There are still people everywhere and I think in all that time I only managed to be the only person I could see for a few minutes. The leaves on the trees are such brilliant colours at the moment and I also saw some beautiful birds, again wonderful colours. One was bright red, I'm not sure what it was.

Because the girls were still shopping, I decided to go visit a Weight Watcher meeting which was only half mile from my hotel. All very interesting to see how it works in the US and I picked up a few bars and sweets and the magazine, plus I got weighed and so far I've stayed the same.

I'm now chilling in my room waiting for the girls to return...


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: