Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 7 October 2023

SATurday, I'll try not to spend it all on my backside!

Saturday 7th October 2023

I saw this yesterday and thought yes that's me I want a FIT body not a FAT body, I don't mind being 'overweight' according to the BMI charts, I just want to be healthier than I have been and I'm working on that.

I'm never gonna be skinny again because I don't want to be, I love eating, I love food, I love cooking and feeding my family and I love drinking red wine with those meals, I also love drinking a bottle of prosecco in the pub with himself on a Friday or Saturday night, then falling asleep together on the settee whilst watching the tele!  I like that life a lot.

I've realised, I've got maintenance sussed, yes I've lost 20lb but I lose a couple, gain a pound so I need to up the exercise, especially as I'm enjoying it.  I went for my 12 week MOT yesterday with the joint pain management course and everything was improved, I'd lost a little weight, my bmi had come down, my blood pressure had improved, my resting heart rate had come down, I'd even grown 1/2cm, I'm guessing because I'm standing straighter as my pains not as bad.  We also did a test where we had to sit in a chair with arms, stand and walk a couple of metres, turn, walk back and sit back down.  When we did that the first week, I said, I wouldn't have any issues doing that because it was standing for 5 mins or more or walking for over 5 mins that caused my pain.  I did it in about eleven and a half seconds which was good I thought, yesterday we did the same test but the chair had no arms, I did it in just over 4 seconds!  Turns out I wasn't as fit the first time as I thought!  

Now I hadn't lost loads of weight since I started, about 3lb but I've definitely toned up and that's what I'm more interested in, the numbers on the scales don't tell the complete story do they, look at this...


I'd rather build up that muscle for sure.  That first week I couldn't stand to do the exercises and had to sit and do bicep curls with no weights, now I'm using the machines, upper body machines, I'm on about 25kg,  lower body varies but the leg press I'm doing 50-60kg which is all helping build those muscles to protect those joints and that's what I care about.

I'm enjoying it too, that's the main thing, it's time out, turning off from every day life and not sitting in front of the tele.

I won't be going today thought, the weekends are all about spending time together.  I'll go enjoy the huddle first, then we'll probably just chill today.  I've got a Gousto box coming, I'm thinking we'll have lamb tortilla samosas with mango mayo for dinner, that sounds a bit tasty!  The boys can have the extra portion split so they have plenty and mines 744 calories apparently.

Here's to a great day, I'm not hungry this morning so I won't have porridge, might take a banana with me, still full from last night. 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me 

No comments: