Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 28 October 2023

A fab Friday

Saturday 28th October 2023


I didn't post a blog yesterday because I started typing and had barely anything to say, well here you can see...

Friday 27th October 2023

A busy but enjoyable day yesterday, not much to report from this end as the day was mostly centred around huddles. 

Even my eating wasn't worthy of noting, I nipped into Sainsbury's and bought a cooked chicken, something I won't do again as they have completely lost any flavour they once had and they're the size of a pigeon!  

I made a sandwich from it and that was my lunch, breakfast had been a slice of that bread pudding and for dinner we cooked the belly draft Aryn had wanted, he had his with noodles and spinach, I just said at ate a few pieces on a plate on its own, I just wasn't hungry.  I did enjoy a packet of cheese and onion crisps though later, the first packet of crisps I've had in weeks, they were delicious! 

It's now Saturday and I can type a little more as I've had another day or living :) the start of the day was normal Friday stuff yesterday, then I cleaned the bathroom upstairs and the toilet seat broke (AFTER I CLEANED IT!) so I went to buy another one.  I'd also had the same old conversation with Aryn about his bedroom being a mess so I thought sod this, I'm going shopping.  I'd seen a post on Facebook showing the work a FB friend had done on their house and it was gorgeous, I fell in love with the wall colour and one thing led to another and I started thinking about curtains and paint colour for the house in Ireland, so I went in search of them.  

I finally found a pair I liked that weren't ridiculously expensive and good quality - thank you to The Range, then I came home with my loo seat and curtains and the boy is just sitting down with a big plate of food.  "Have you tidied your room?", "Not yet", another conversation was had, I'll leave that one to your imagination, no raised voices though, go me!  

Whilst out, I'd thought I wished I'd had my book in my bag because I would've found a coffee shop and sat and enjoyed a read, but now I was fed up of being a grown up and I'm not a massive coffee fan, I really wanted a pint of lager.  Aha, a solution, take my book over the pub and do both and I did, it was half one in the afternoon and I'm sat in the pub with a pint.  Turns out a pint is cheaper than a coffee in a cafe and to be honest I felt more relaxed in there than I did in those coffee shops last week where I sat thinking how long can I sit here with my book before I should leave.  Plus I can't drink one coffee after another, I don't have that problem with lager :) 

Two hours later himself called saying 'where are you?'.  He came and joined me and we had a great night, an unexpected one and we actually didn't leave the pub till half ten ish, I never play out for that long!  

I'm sat eating a sausage sandwich because I woke up starving as I'd barely ate anything yesterday, oh and it tastes so good - all hail the actifry, 6 minutes and they're done, no standing watching them, no trying to get them brown all round!  Delicous...

That was my day, so much easier to walk away from the chaos than to let it work me up, oh and he's done his room, he tells me he has anyway.  I will check later, he hoovered so that good (he gets paid for that btw, he's not an angel).

Walking round the shops yesterday really bought home how close Christmas is, there's stuff everywhere!  57 days to be precise, that's a bit scary isn't it, especially as I haven't even thought about it and have no idea what I'm buying them.

Ah, I ain't gonna think about that this morning, I'm going to finish my mug of tea and go to the huddle and have a giggle, that's much more enjoyable.

I can't see us doing much else today but you never know, we shall see, I reckon he'll still be in bed when I get back from work.

Whatever you're up too, have a great day.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx







No comments: