Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 4 October 2023

Mid week already!

Wednesday 4th October 2023 


I need to remember this, I've come such a long way in the last few months going to that joint pain management programme, now it's time to focus on continuing that success but also losing some damn weight!  I gained 1/2lb yesterday morning, so now I'm down to 3.5lb lost in my 7 in 7 and I'm on week 5 I think, yeah it is, so I have 3 weeks left to lose 3.5lb.  More importantly I want to continue losing weight focusing on the fact every pound I lose is taking 4lb of pressure of my back and knees because my backs not happy this morning, it wasn't yesterday either and my knee is screaming 'screw you' as it's had enough of carrying this extra weight I'm carrying!  

I refocused yesterday, had another word with myself, I'd already done that before stepping on the scales to be honest, I left that MRI appointment glad that I'd had a diagnosis and with the realisation I can make a difference myself and not just rely on doctors.  

After a great huddle on the morning, I nipped to get milk for the next huddle as I'd forgotten to take it with us, in the shop they had conference pears 4 for 99p and they were how I like them, firm so I bought them and a bunch of bananas and had one of each for my late breakfast.  After that huddle I drove to the gym and did half hour on the recumbent bike because for some reason that doesn't hurt my knee or back whilst I'm doing it.  
 

I decided only to spend half hour there because I don't want to do any damage, I know I'm like a bull at a gate and I'm trying not to be.  Anything is better than nothing and I'll build up over time, 30 minute and 10km - I'll take that.  I'll ignore the calories because it doesn't know who was sat on it, I didn't input any of my details so that's not accurate and I don't have my fitbit as it's in the post being returned.  

I'll go again today, not sure yet if I'll swim or gym but moving is moving and it's all helping, Aryn wants to go later too so I'll take him and do a little then.

I nipped into Lidl on my way back to get a chicken, is it bad that I looked through them all to get the biggest :) 2.2kg as opposed to 1.9kg, it all makes a difference doesn't it, it was costing me £4.99 either way.  I cooked it in the Ninja, I didn't get the timing right this time but it was still edible, I'd cook it for a little less time next time, still getting used to it.  I had some with the leftover mash, sprouts and gravy from yesterday and added carrots and a roast onion - it was lush.  

What probably pleased me the most yesterday was the fact I had 9.3 portions of my 5 a day on my app, for me that's fantastic!  Here's to working on doing that again, if fruit tasted how I like it all the time, it would be easier for sure.



I probably had 500-1500ml of water, plus a tea and coffee, I just didn't track the water.  

Every week food gets mentioned in our huddle chat and usually by the middle of the week we fancy something we've talked about it, thankfully this time for me, I don't want the doughnut but I do fancy porridge!  I was gutted when I got up this morning and realised I don't have any, I'm even tempted to nip over the shop when it opens and get some, I can have 40g which is a really good portion for 152 calories, then add a little milk, mmm yeah I need it in my life.

We have plenty of chicken left which I think I'm going to do with noodles later and some kale, a poor mans ramen bowl, maybe I'll open a tin of sweetcorn.  Some of the recipes have egg in it so I might even hard boil an egg and we can have 1/2 each.  Ooo yeah = nice.

Beans on toast is going on my 'to eat' list this week too, I've also ordered a Gousto box, they offered me 30% off and at least that way I have meals decided, it's coming on Saturday, 


I have till midnight to change the meals if I want too, so I might have a quick look through again as I've just realised two are pasta, we'll see.

Right I need to get ready for work, pack my gym bag, it's all about being prepared isn't it, it's all in the planning and I need to remember that.  

Let's have a fab day shall we?

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx 

  



No comments: