Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 21 October 2023

Cars, coffee shops and curry

Saturday 21st October 2023





I turned a day of running an errand into something I really enjoyed and I think needed yesterday.  I had to go to Leamington Spa to have something done to his car which turned out to take about 5 hours!  The drive there that was 51 miles and it should've taken just over an hour each way but took 2.5 hours each way.  The drive down was horrid, I left at 6.40 and obviously it was still dark, the rain was horrendous making the roads treacherous, surface water all over the motorway, thankfully because it was busy most of the time it was 40mph, because given the chance they will drive at silly speeds which would've been crazy in that weather.  The drive back was better as in weather wise but the traffic was crazy. 

The time in-between though was good, my plan had been to sit in their waiting room and listen to my book I thought it was gonna be 2-3hours, but he more or less told me straight away the chap doing it had been optimistic with his time suggestion.  

I decided to walk into town took just over half hour but I was happy I could do it without being in extreme pain, yeah I was in pain by the time I got there but nothing like I've had some days in the last year or so.  Anyway, I realised if I started listening to my book, my phone was likely to drain the battery and I couldn't risk that, it's an old phone now and the battery sucks.  

Instead I looked up book shops and found a Waterstones where I treated myself to a couple of books and then went to a coffee shop, which only sold coffee and cake so I had a coffee and read the first chapter.  Now the question is how long is it okay to sit in a coffee shop having bought a coffee?  


Anyway, I realised I was hungry and I hadn't eaten so I searched where to eat breakfast in Leamington spa and ended up at Cinda's kitchen and it didn't disappoint, I just wished I'd been hungry enough to have one of their cakes as well as the breakfast!  They looked amazing those Portuguese pastries, but I settled on Eggs Royale and the poached eggs were perfect!  I actually wished I'd just had poached eggs on toast so I could enjoy the eggs without the sauce, it was still very tasty and I sat and read some more.  Again the question is how long is it okay to sit in a cafe having bought food and a drink?  See this isn't something I've ever really done in the past, but I really enjoyed losing myself in my book, I would've stopped the people on the next table talking if I could :) but I understand that's not the rules of a cafe! 

  
It was raining consistently so I decided to walk back to the garage, walking through the pretty park and  along the river, that would've been nicer on a dry day but I'm not made of sugar, I won't melt.  Having said that, having wet feet all day was not fun, I was so glad to take my socks off when I got home.  In future, I'll keep spare socks and shoes in the car in future!

  
 


Well I got home at 5pm and walked in bursting for the loo but once I'd been and I walked into the kitchen I was so happy, Aryn had not just washed up, he'd cleaned the kitchen, it looked great, he'd hoovered too and tidied up a bit, bless that boy, I'd jokingly suggested it as I left but I was overwhelmed that he'd done it because I was shattered.  

Dinner was courtesy of Dave, he'd made Elle and I a mix of curries - amazing!  He has a Misty Ricardo book, I have a Kindle one similar, (1) MistyRicardo - YouTube that's his YouTube channel, you won't get anything taste more like the real deal of a restaurant than this, himself bought a bag of chips and we all sat and ate together. 
    

I've had a crap nights sleep, woke up around midnight with the worst heartburn and indigestion, remembering I hadn't taken my medication so came down to take that, but then I couldn't take any indigestion remedies for two hours after taking my meds so propped myself up on pillows and hoped for the best!

Wide awake at 4am, at least the indigestions gone this morning, so let's get this day started. 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me 

No comments: