Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 1 March 2020

Mindful March

Sunday 1st March 2020
The secret of getting ahead is getting started.

Already on month 3, are you happy with the first 2 and how you've been taking care of yourself?  I am and it's been a while since I've felt that I was so I feel real good, back to my old self before Dementia not just entered our lives but did it's best to take over it!  Yeah for a while there it became the boss in this house but I've took back the title.  I feel more in control with everything and I'm taking everything one day at a time, actually I take some days one hour at a time, if I can't control a situation, I control my reaction.  For example mom came out onto the landing at 5ish this morning asking if I would drive her home if she got her and Alfie ready, we then had a chat about how she'd been dreaming and she talked me through her dream and how she'd felt and by the end she felt better and I went to make myself a cuppa because that's the sort of thing that happens now, getting angry or sad about it doesn't help the situation, I look for the good in what happened and it was her saying she loved me for understanding what was going on with her and making her feel safe.  

I've also realised I have so many amazing people in my life, WW has always been an important part of my life because of my weight but now it's also introduced me to my tribe, my people, so many good folk that have become important in my life.  I now really do believe in the saying 'no man is an island' human beings do badly when isolated from others and need to be part of a community in order to thrive.  I've always been one of those fools that thought I didn't need anyone, I could cope on my own and yeah I coped, but now I'm doing so much better thanks to the involvement of others.  Sometimes it's just knowing you can talk to someone, that they care.  

I've always got great pleasure out of helping others and doing things for them, but did everything for myself, DOH, then suddenly I realised others also get pleasure of out helping others and doing things for them and I was one of those 'others', so I started saying thank you and yes please.  I'm blessed to know so many wonderful people who are that type of people.  

Oh and thanks to one of them I have Barnsley lamb chops for my dinner today, I don't know if I'll be able to wait that long!  It's a double bonus because the shop I'd ordered online for delivery today, I'd clicked the wrong place and it's coming tomorrow - dur. 

In true pay it forward fashion, I will be doing a good deed this morning, knocking up a flyer for a friend who wants to start doing crochet classes, I think this is a great idea and I know she'll make a great teacher, as she encouraged me with my crochet when I started.  This is her info if you're interested.  

Crochet Sessions 

The sessions run in 4 week blocks on 

Mon & Friday 10-12am and 1-3pm
Wednesday evenings from 6.30-8.30pm 

The block cost £30 which includes tuition from an experienced crocheter. 
A hook and your first ball of wool are included with your first lesson. 

Please get in touch with Sarah for details on 07796264451 or Swwonderful Crafts on Facebook. 

Anyway, I treated myself last month to a pack of mindfulness cards and it's a 31 day challenge, so I thought we could do it together, each morning I'll post the info from a card and you could do it with me.    Mindfulness isn't complicated nor difficult, what is it though?  It's noticing that first cuppa you drink in the morning, the taste of that first sip.  We're all usually on autopilot throughout the day.  Mindfulness is about noticing and paying attention, the small things that escape our attention that make life what it is.  Mindfulness helps us to live more in the here and now, paying attention to those little moments.

It's hearing and listening when your child says 'mom, mom' whilst you're doing something. Or when my mom comes out her bedroom as she just did and says 'were you calling me mom', I stopped typing and listened rather than just saying, 'no, it was just a dream'.  They say finding the beauty and joy in these 'little moments' can reduce stress, improve confidence and bring you a happier outlook on life.  It's a simple method to help you appreciate these moments rather than letting them pass you by. 

Here's todays;


The Good Posture Challenge

For the whole day try to bring yourself awareness to your posture.  Whether you are sitting, lying down or standing, just bring all your attention to your body.  This technique has an immediate grounding effect and restores our mindfulness.  The goal is to be aware of the sensations that the body is feeling right at the moment.  Whether your body feels the pressure of the chair you are sitting on, the ground under your feet, or a slight breeze on your arms.  Simply scan your body up and down and notice whatever sensations are present.  You only have to do this for a minute or two, then return your attention to whatever task you were doing.  The aim is to try and remember to observe your posture and it's sensations as often as you can throughout the day. 

Let's make March the month, you become more mindful of your needs and prioritise them xx
Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx

No comments: