Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 16 March 2020

Challenging times

Monday 16th March 2020
When people support each other, incredible things happen.



Well I'm sat here thinking what to say, yesterday morning after writing my blog, whilst I was walking Alfie I found out that WW were temporarily going virtual and closing their workshops until April 4th. 


Mixed emotions obviously, I enjoy going to work, it keeps me sane, it pays my wages but at the same time, I (nor WW) don't want to put my members or myself then my mom at any risk so I am proud to be part of a company that cares this much.  

These are unprecedented times and I know that this news is going to raise many questions from my members (it already has) for example how will virtual workshops run? Some members have even been concerned about me and my wages, see they're not just 'members', they're people who care about me and me them.   I know WW have people from all areas of the business working on this and they were holding an emergency meeting yesterday where they were continuing to work through all the answers to our questions and they will follow up with further communication as soon as possible.

Instead of seeing it as purely negative thing, let's use this time to our advantage.  I know you won't be able to step on official WW scales, but for 3 weeks let's be liberated from the sad step and focus on other ways to tell if we're doing well.  Go get a tape measure and take your measurements;

Here's how to do it right (cos we need instruction - NOT!)

Measuring your body.
  • Waist: Find your natural waist or the narrowest part of the torso.
  • Hips: This is the widest part of your glutes. Try looking in a mirror while standing sideways. Make sure the tape is parallel to the floor.
  • Chest: Stand with feet together and the torso straight and find the widest part around your bust.
  • Abs: Stand with feet together and torso straight but relaxed and find the widest part of your torso, often around your bellybutton.
  • Arms: Stand up straight with the arm relaxed and find the midpoint between the shoulder bone and the elbow of one arm.
  • Thighs: The midpoint between the lower part of the glutes and the back of the knee, or the widest part of the thigh.
  • Calves: Halfway between the knee and the ankle.
Next, take some photos, go on - do it, do it, in your underwear, take a few pics, use a mirror to do this if you're taking them yourself, or ask a loved one to take them for you.  Then you can re-take them in a month and notice the difference.

I think everyone is looking to hear what's happening next from the Government, some of you will be going to work today as normal, some of you may be self-isolating, we're all going to be feeling differently, some of you will be worrying more than others, some have a more blasé attitude, there is no right or wrong, but what we do know is this is happening, I'm no expert but from what I've read and heard, at some point we will all get the virus in some form and the reason to isolate us is to stop the spread being so immediate so that the NHS can cope!  If all the nurses and doctors get it, we're a bit stuffed ain't we.  I might be wrong and they may be more to it but that's what I believe.  

If you're anxious about it all, there's an article here about it; https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51873799 in a nutshell it's suggesting limiting the amount of news you watch and be careful what you read, there's a lot of misinformation.  

Let's stay connected with each other, this is where social media can be great, I plan to stay in touch with my members in my group and also look forward to running these virtual workshops using Zoom which is really easy to use by the way, so don't worry about it, you can get it on your phone

 Well I think that's enough for today, here's to a very great day!  Take care of each other. 

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me x

No comments: