Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 27 March 2020

We can still talk!

Friday 27th March 2020
Don't worry about things you have no control over.


I had quite a busy day yesterday, I'm still working of course, just in a different way.  Two amazing virtual workshops, proving WW is so much more than stepping on a set of weighing scales!  The support, empathy, understanding and love being shared via screens on computers, phones or tablets moved almost all of us to tears yesterday morning, myself and Hayley who was my Co-host were so full we couldn't read what was being written in the chat box.  At a time when things are so uncertain, having the chance to talk to others who understand is priceless and I'm loving being part of it.   They really are my lifeline right now, keeping me connected with all those people who are so important to me, I know it's my job working for WW but the people I meet through my work, I don't treat as 'customers', they become my friends.   Another reason I want as many to log in as possible is so I can see they are okay, with all that's going on, I'm obviously concerned for their health and wellbeing, I have so many wonderful members, it's impossible for me to contact them all individually quickly, this is a quick way.  I'm actually sat with tears in my eyes now, I think this is the first time, I've actually stopped and given myself a moment to realise, I might actually lose people I care for, anyone who knows me, knows I'm not a thinker, I just deal with the now, it's the only way I can cope with mom and her disease.  But I dreamt about all this last night, it was horrid, then I was woke by mom coughing, I mean seriously, you only have to hear a cough and you assume don't you.  The truth is though mom coughs a lot anyway because of her stomach problems, her hiatus hernia causes her issues.  Right tears wiped, back to not worrying about things I can't control.

I had to actually get in my car for the first time in a while yesterday to go and get a prescription for mom, then I went to collect it, there was a queue outside, most sticking to the distancing, I asked 'is this the queue for the chemist' as no one was talking, after joining it, me being me and unable to be quiet said, we can talk to each other you know, we're just not allowed to fondle one another!  It seemed to work and a few of us had a bit of a chat.  I was there almost an hour, it was the only in face real human contact I'd had for a fortnight that lasted longer than saying thanks for dropping off my loaf!   The girls in the chemist were working none stop, they both looked shattered, let's remember not just the nurses but everyone who's a key worker at this time and probably working harder than ever, those posties, the supermarket workers, all of them, be nice and polite and thank them!

I don't normally work on a Friday other than to do a little paperwork, so today I'm going to try and spend most of the day with mom as I usually would do after a busy Thursday, I will be offering to help those members who are struggling with the technology of it all, managed to get a few more to work out all the buttons on their phones yesterday, it might take ten minutes for each one but it's more than worth it when I see them pop up in the virtual chat later in the day.  I've never been more grateful for the technology we have now.

Yeah I'm feeling a lazy day today, I'm even going to have some sticky ribs for my dinner, they've been in the fridge for a fortnight (good sell by date on them thankfully), I'm sure Alfie will help me eat them!  I'm going to eat the last melon and hope it's still edible beneath the skin, it said use by 7th March so we shall see lol.

There's a lovely frost going on out there, I hope it means we might get a dry, sunny day, I'd love to convince mom to sit outside for half hour, get a bit of fresh air, can but try.

Okay so I want as many of you on my 9.45 virtual workshop the morning, me and Elle make a great double act.  You can access the link in the Wolverhampton Connect group on the app, it's in the pinned post at the top of the page.  If you have any problems doing it, contact me, give me a call or message me, I'll talk you through it, try it out today to make sure it works, they you'll be good to go tomorrow.  Let's end this crazy week on a high shall we, let's make it a great day, let's connect with each other, I MISS MY TRIBE!

Mwah, luv ya

Love me xx


No comments: