Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 20 March 2020

I did my first Virtual Workshop!

Friday 20th March 2020
When people ask 'What do you do?" Answer "Whatever it takes!"


Well I did my first WW Virtual Workshop, it was brill, so lovely to see and interact with my members via the internet, at least if we can't all be together in a room, this is most definitely the next best thing.   I had the best support coach helping me (thank you Kay).  Over 40 members in a virtual room catching up and supporting each other in these difficult times.  I'm looking forward to doing another one in the morning at 9.45, the link to it can be found in the Wolverhampton Connect group on the WW app, my virtual workshop times so far (unless they make changes) are;

Tuesday 8.30am & 5.30pm (the 5.30 one I'm supporting Elle)
Wednesday 5.30pm
Thursday 8.30 & 5.30pm
Saturday 9.45am

The links to all of these are in either the Wolverhampton Connect Group or the Dudley & Walsall one, there's a pinned post at the top of the group with all the virtual workshops and a link at the bottom of the post.

I had another very busy day, I feel like I've forgot how to use my crochet hook!  I did more housework!  I won't recognise my house when I finally get to go back to work, yesterday I did the laundry, sorted that huge pile of clothes out and organised moms drawers, semi organised mine, if I get really bored I'll do mine.   Think I'll do the upstairs bathroom today then I can finish it off with having a bath as I'm not having a massage.

Mom's had a better night thankfully, it's all confusing for her, she's sort of understanding what's going on but not completely, then she'll forget anyway and ask me if I'm going to work.

I did make the effort to eat good food yesterday, I had a couple of slices of stale bread so I whisked up an egg to make eggy bread, enjoyed with with green pepper, cherry toms and a packet of smoked salmon, a little bit of indulgence, that I probably won't be able to afford going forward.  I think we'll all be pulling in our purse strings.  I'll enjoy the food I've got at the moment though and then start thinking about what I can afford, hopefully by then there will be food in the shops!


For dinner we had a cod fish cake with a creamy cheese filling for a bargain 7SP


I'm working my way through the fresh stuff in the fridge before I start on the tinned and frozen, I'm staying away from the shops to give others a chance who need it more. 

I was saddened to watch on tv and read how because people are panic buying, care homes weren't getting the food they needed in their deliveries to feed their residents.  Nurses who are busy in the hospitals caring for us aren't able to buy food on their way home because there's nothing left.  A working mom on Facebook hasn't been able to get nappies for 3 days, disgusting behaviour by others.   this video just made me cry ;(

But a lovely thing I did see that might helps some parents panicking about what to do with your kids, was this post from Lyndsey Drohan, I've shared it on my personal page.

Ok. So as many know I will always remain a nursery nurse at heart. I spent 22 years of my life reading books to children and I'm pretty good at it. I have decided to try to a a Facebook live each day of the school closures reading a children's book / chapter of my/ my children's choice. I will try to do this at 7pm every day as long as I remain well. Please let me know if you think this would be a good idea. #bekind

Isn't that a lovely thing.  I'm doing what I can to stay in touch with my members using my Facebook group, I know all my members aren't on Facebook but it's a great time to consider opening an account, if only for the duration of this situation.  Humans are designed to need contact with others so if it can only be virtual, that's better than nothing, I was really uplifted after last nights virtual workshop.  I can't wait to see all my Saturday gang and any visitors tomorrow, it'll keep me motivated and keep my spirits up. 

It's time to try things that we don't normally do, bless Angie on the virtual workshop last night, she said she's tried cooking lol, anyone who knows her knows she eats out a lot so I was impressed to hear she'd cooked a meal, she said she didn't like it but she ate it, that made me chuckle. 

I better eat the melon I have before it goes off, that would be a travesty in the current climate, it can be breakfast, with the last of the yogurt in the fridge.  

Here's to a great day, I think I'll be spending my morning trying to help members who couldn't get on the virtual workshop, work out why they couldn't lol.  Take care of you and yours.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x




No comments: