Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 23 November 2019

The magic of an oxo cube!

Saturday 23rd November 2019
Believe you can and you're halfway there.


There was some waking in the night but overall a good one and the fact we went up very early was even better!  We had a pretty good day too, don't remember her kicking off at all = result!  Oh if only every day was like that ay, wouldn't that be good.  I even got a massage thrown in on the morning so I was chilled out anyways.

Being relaxed gave me the umph to actually cook and use that gnocchi I had in the fridge, I decided to experiment with it and I made a Gnocchi bake, here's how, really easy which is how I like things.

Gnocchi Bake - total dish 35SP

Packet of Aldi Tomato and Mozzarella Gnocchi (19SP)
100g Aldi Emporium British mature cheddar (16SP)


tin of chopped tomatoes
oxo cube 
diced red & yellow pepper
handful spinach
125g button mushrooms (cut in half)

plonk gnocchi and veggies into casserole dish, crumble an oxo cube over the top (I'll always be grateful to Barry White (& I don't mean the singer!) for telling me to put an oxo in tinned tomatoes to make them more edible!) and pour over the tomatoes.  Top with grated cheese and cook in the oven for about half hour on80 fan oven or  Gas4/. It was so good, I went back for a second bowl so ate half of it, which set me back 17SP but scrumptious, even if it look a bit messy.   




I've started a 'To Eat' list as I have so many things I fancy now it's gone cold and I'm all about the comfort food.  On it so far is; 

Toad in the Hole (ooo Sis you'd make a mega one of these with your home made yorkies!)
Cod in parsley sauce 
Cottage pie (but thinking of making it with turkey breast meat so it would be blue & purple friendly)
Hot pot (again could use chicken instead of beef to lower the points) 
Chicken chow mein (use Soba or brown rice noodles for purple friendly) 

Oh and I could eat a roast dinner every day of the week, there's not enough gravy in the world for me right now.  

Then I fancy trying chicken in honey and soy sauce as suggested by one of my lovely members Thursday, mix equal tablespoons of each together to make a marinade and but on the chicken, sprinkle with chilli flakes and cook in the oven, nom nom. 

I also need Bonnies brown stewed chicken in my life, look at this for delicious;
Now I'm not sure of how she made it but these are the ingredients so I'm guessing it's all stir fried together in a pan and served with brown rice.  I know sugar is high in Smart Points but if like oil it makes a meal look and taste delicious, then it's needed! 



Don't you just love food, I could eat any of the above right this minute and it's not even 6am!  

Today I'll be eating chicken or salmon as both have use by tomorrow dates, so unless I freeze them... 

I might give purple a go for a week, see if it encourages me to eat a bit less rubbish and fills me up by using the wholewheat stuff, especially as I have all those things in my cupboard.  Might demotivate me to refocus on cooking.  Yes I think everything is purple friendly in my fridge right now, maybe I will.  I'll paper track too as I have my app set to green so I can point my meals for everyone.

Here's to a great weekend, whatever colour I opt for, I'm hoping moms gonna still be in the mood to make our BeYOUtiful book this weekend, fingers crossed and all that.  Mwah, luv ya.

Love me x 



No comments: