Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 26 November 2019

Start today with a Smile

Tuesday 26th November 2019
Smile like a monkey with a new banana


Survived the day yesterday, food wise as well as sanity!  Foodwise, probably how most people eat but I enjoyed it, I'd got a lot of cottage pie leftover from Saturday and I also had veggies and gravy left from Sunday roast, so I combined the two and added some broccoli, then ate a portion for breakfast and a portion for dinner, both were incredible and within points on any of the plans! 

Leftovers from the weekend πŸ˜‹ 14πŸ’š SP πŸ’™ 12SP πŸ’œ 6SP

Mom was borderline at times yesterday and the one thing that got me through it and stopped her going over to the darkness was patience, it's my new super power.  People often think of patience as the ability to wait, but patience is to be calm no matter what happens, see you can't change another person, you can only have control over how you respond, and what you do and say.   The thing is people with Alzheimers can't change the way it makes them act anymore than a cancer patient can stop the cancer cells from spreading.  Therefore yesterday when mom started to turn and get angry, I stayed calm and did my best to divert the situation, most times I managed it, it's not always possible but yesterday I won I reckon.  We watched a couple of films, the new Spiderman and Hustlers, enjoyed both, although she started to lose it towards the end of the second.  I then put an episode of Private Eye on which she's watched with me a lot over the last few weeks but yesterday she did not like the main characters, it was like she was looking at a different screen to me and I guess in a way she was, so I just said lets watch something else and that worked and saved a strop.  

I may not be the weight I was but I noticed this photo this morning on my Facebook; 


and realised all those NOW photos are a year or more old, which made me go check my own time line and look this is a collage Kell put together for me not that long ago, some of these are all more recently.

So then I went looking at my profile photos from this year and look; 





I'm still smiling on all of them, whatever I weigh on that day!  My weight doesn't define me or my mood anymore, so many other things do but I will continue to eat as healthy as I can, smile lots and laugh as often as possible,  I'm going to print these photos out for my BeYOUtiful book which I know I haven't started yet but I will, I'm in the middle of a crochet project that's got me hooked (pardon the pun) I want to finish it because it's for me for a change and I want to wear it now it's cold. 

I'm in for a very busy morning so I need to get gone, I'm on my own, going to have to set up today and do it all as my lovely Carol has to be somewhere else, sometimes things are more important than helping me, not very often I have to say, she's like my PA/personal shopper/new mom/counsellor/mate all rolled into one!  

Here's to surviving another day, meditating when possible (that's helping with the patience) and enjoying as much as possible, not too much where foods concerned though ay πŸ˜‰

Mwah, luv ya


Love me xx 



No comments: