Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 16 November 2019

2 tasty warming recipes

Saturday 16th November 2019
Think it, want it, get it!

Well I was woke up at 4.30 by mom shouting 'Bev, Bev, Bev', bless her, she'd been having vivid dreams and woke up saying she couldn't breathe but it was just her mouth was really dry so I gave her a drink of water and she was okay.  You'd think I'd be put out by a half four wake up call but I wasn't because we went to bed before 6.30 last night, YEP, I said 6.30, why not, I was tired, she was tired, I have plenty of sleep to catch up on.  Yes I woke up a few times in the night and mom woke me up a few times too but overall, I've had a good rest and feel really good this morning.  At least I didn't have any late night nibbles last night, that's progress lol. 

It's lovely to log onto Facebook and see everyone embracing the changes and seeing it reboot their journey, great time of year to refocus so that we don't give in too close to Christmas, it's not December yet!  

I enjoyed my beef curry and rice for 13SP, that would've been the same on all 3 plans, my fridge is almost bare, there's a lamb shank in mint gravy from Aldi but it's 19SP, Co-op do a lamb shoulder in mint gravy for 8SP, so I hadn't worked out the points whilst in the shop DOH.  However the Aldi one is 400g and the Coop one 270g.  I'll share it with Alfie to bring the points down for me, make me a nice roast dinner either today or tomorrow.  I also have a packet of gnocchi in there which needs using but the other one I wasn't overly taken by, maybe I overcooked it, so I keep putting it off.  I need some fresh veggies buying, I've been saying that for days now lol, I might stop at the Tesco garage on my way to workshop this morning and just buy a few bits.    

I want my cooking mojo back, I really do, maybe if I find a recipe I really fancy cooking that will encourage me, let's have a look see what I can find.  Nah maybe I'll get some ingredients and make something up myself, there's lots of spaghetti, brown rice style food in my kitchen, there's chicken in the freezer, or cod, I'll pick up some veggies and have a play I reckon, I need a kick up my bum to get me off the chair in front of the telly, I need to put down the crochet hook, you can have too much of a good thing!  Mom's been better this week too so me being in a different room won't cause so many issues.  Plus if I get us doing the jigsaw I bought for a bit too, that'll balance out the attention. 

Yeah, that's a plan, the weather sucks so I won't be going outside at all, poor Alfie will be doing his business up the garden if the rain don't stop!

I've been thinking about an old Parsnip recipe since the changes, I've found it; 

Curried Parsnip Soup  
2 teaspoon curry powder
1 large onion
250 g chopped small parsnips (6sp or zero on blue/purple)
25g rice (2sp)
1 pinch salt
1 litre vegetable stock (use oxo cubes) 
  
Chop & put the onion in a pan, with 3 tablespoons of twater and the curry powder. 
Cover and simmer for 3 or 4 minutes.
Add the remaining stock, the parsnips and the rice. 
Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes, or until the parsnips and rice are tender.
Pop in food processor and blend to make a smooth soup.


Then there's this recipe that is absolutely delicious and for you purples it's really low in SP!  

A Pot of Love 
BLUE: 24sp total, Serves 4, 6sp per serving  
PURPLE: 5SP total, Serves 4, 1sp per serving
GREEN: 31sp total, Serves 4, 8sp per serving


1 tbsp olive oil (5sp)
2 onions, chopped
3 crushed cloves garlic
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp curry powder
½ tsp cinnamon
4 sliced carrots
100g dried lentils (💚7sp)
200g brown rice (💚💙19sp)
500ml stock
1 diced apple (unpeeled)
4 sliced spring onions

In a saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat; cook onions, garlic, cumin, curry powder and cinnamon, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in carrots, lentils and rice; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Pour in stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until rice and lentils are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir in the apple and spring onions, then cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until the spring onions are heated through.

Well that's me for this morning, I'm going to shower now the house has warmed up a little! 

Here's to enjoying a wet weekend, whatever you have planned. 

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me x

No comments: