Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 15 June 2018

Yesterday was a cracking day - in more ways than one!

15th June 2018
Be who you needed when you were younger.

There’s no such thing as a lie-in, in this house, if it isn’t mom talking to the dog or shouting at the pigeons at 4am, it’s Alfie leaving her room to tap dance across my floor at 5am, all I wanted was to sleep when I didn’t have to get up.  Thankfully I have a massage this morning, I’ll snore through that!

And now I have to stop blogging to walk him, so I’ll continue writing as I walk….

….

Another cracking day at work yesterday, we’re talking meal planning and money saving, I’ve got a list of meals in my head I want to make but first to use up the chicken in the fridge - I over ordered on my shopping last week.

I had planned on eating some yesterday but there was a cat incident so we all ended up with cheese omelette as. Two trays of eggs of front seat - cat run across road in front of my car - I slammed my brakes on. You’ve got the picture! I have to say though a simple cheese and spring onion omelette when cooked to perfection is one of the simplest, tastiest meals there is and cathedral city lighter is perfect.

.........

You didn’t realise I’d gone again then did ya, yeah bumped into my sister so we’ve just walked together talking food. Yep we’re all about the food. Today’s conversation beef rendang mmm, delicious Malaysian food and she uses a Tesco paste which makes it easier but not low in points by any stretch of the imagination.

It’s fish Friday today that’s you’re challenge, if you absolutely refuse to eat fish, then it’s eat something new, something you haven’t eaten before or wouldn’t normally eat. I’m going to try hunters chicken because I’ve never had it ever, my members have been telling me how they make a low Smart Point version with the WW bbq sauce and protein or low fat cheese so I’ll have a dabble. That chicken needs using!

I might make a chicken curry too then tomorrow’s meals will be cooked ready for me to have a lazy day after my morning meeting. I like lazy days, they’re my new favourite thing.

Yesterday was not a lazy day, it was a full on 13 hour day full of Weight Watchers, dog walking and mom stuff.

So fish, what you gonna make, I’ll do my fish soon as the chickens gone. How about a fish pie, posh fish finger sandwich, I like a bit of salmon (even better when bought as a whoopsie on the reduced shelf - I have a freezer full of that). Fish curry has been suggested a few times and using the frozen white fish that works out cheaper. Fish cakes maybe, easy to make too.  Or wrap a piece of cod in a slice of pancetta and cook in the oven with asparagus, cod and chorizo works well together too.  Serve on a bed of lentils for zero points or another grain if you have points to spare.

Anyway my dog had decided he had done all of 300 yards and needs to sit down and rest! Seriously what’s a girl to do. I’ve got stuff to do, places to be and he’s like “nah let’s chill first on the grass”. Who am I to argue with that face?



I’m now back home, have just fed and watered, cat that’s not my cat, squirrels, bird, dog and mom, now for a cuppa and getting stuff done.  Got my bestie coming later, looking forward to that, hopefully we’ll go for lunch, maybe I’ll have something with fish, maybe I won’t but I will have something delicious.  

Catch ya tomorrow BeYOUtiful. Let’s focus on the healthy & happy, I’m with you, together we will do this!

No comments: