Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 18 June 2018

Stop being a hater!

18th June 2018
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets.  If you’re gonna regret it don’t do it!


Is a knife good or bad?  It depends how you use it!

The same goes for food, food doesn’t have a personality, it isn’t good or bad – it’s food, if we start labelling something as a ‘bad’ or ‘naughty’ food, we’re likely to want it more, whereas if we give ourselves permission to eat everything in healthy quantity and realistic portion sizes then we can enjoy being in control.

If you go away for the weekend to the seaside isn’t it better than you enjoy an icr cream with everyone else if that’s what you fancy rather than being resentful and saying “I can’t have one, I’m on a diet!” One ice cream does not a fat person make, getting home feeling resentful and deciding to have a binge because this weight loss lark sucks DOES!

When I went for that meal on Friday I gave myself permission to eat anything I wanted and because of that I also gave myself permission to leave half of it on the plate. 

It’s called Weight Watchers not Weight Losers!

Yes food is fuel but you know what food is also enjoyment.  I love delicious food, I refuse to cut it all out of my life to see a certain number on the scales.  I find lots of healthy food delicious as, things like mushrooms and cherry tomatoes are a staple on my shopping list, green cabbage is just delicious, and I recognise these foods more because I’m giving myself permission to eat the odd packet of super noodles or the odd mini magnum.  As long as my weight is maintaining and not going up, I won’t cry or beat myself up if it isn’t going down.

I’m 48 and have spent far too many years beating myself up, over-exercising for the wrong reasons and putting way too much emphasis on a square tool that tells me what my body weighs or a label in an item of clothing.

I often look at other women and think “wow you look fantastic” and they’re not all size 10 (thankfully). 

I focus on a balanced diet, I base my diet around the core food groups, the healthy stuff like eating plenty of fruit and veg, eggs, whole grains, dairy, lean meat, lots of people don’t even do that.

I eat like I love myself!   Because I do love myself and that to me means more than any number on a scale, I love me for me, as I am, whatever I weigh because I’m good enough, no set of scales can do that for you, no amount of weight loss either.

Your challenge today is to appreciate yourself, to enjoy your food, to see it for what it is, delicious and essential to our wellbeing.  Today eat like you love yourself because you are BeYOUtiful even if you don’t realise it.  Stop being at war with your body, learn to trust yourself around food, ask yourself am I eating in a way that demonstrates love for my body.

It’s Monday, be mindful and take care of you.







No comments: