Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 8 June 2018

Shift your mindset

8th June 2018
Never let a stumble in the road be the end of the journey.




It was as always for a Thursday, a very busy day yesterday, to be honest my meetings have been busier than January this week, everyone’s pressing the reset button, new members are joining and the atmosphere is just brilliant.  I’m happy to report a 1.5lb weight loss from my first week of honest tracking in June, proving it does work, especially as I haven’t been perfect and my monthlies decided to show up very early yesterday.

Just in case you haven’t tried the mini pea & mint frittatas from the weekly weigh card yet, my sister made them and they were delicious, here’s the recipe just in case, I don’t want to lose the recipe card and I know what I’m like!  My sister used dried mint and they tasted great to me.

Mini pea and mint frittatas

Calorie controlled cooking spray
6 eggs
50ml skimmed milk
90g frozen peas
2 shallots, finely chopped
50g reduced-fat natural cottage cheese
2 tbsp chopped fresh mint, plus extra to serve.

Preheat the oven to 200oC, fan 180oC, gas mark 6.  Mist two 12 hole mini muffin tins with cooking spray. 

In a large jug, beat together the eggs and mik, then season.  Put the peas in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water.  Leave for 1 minute, then drain and refresh under cold running water and drain well.

Add the peas to the egg mixture, along with the shallots, cottage cheese and mint.  Stir to combine, then divide the mixture between the muffin holes and bake for 12 minutes or until just set. Serve warm, sprinkled with the extra chopped mint.

If you do make them remember to show Weight Watchers on Instagram with by using #MyWWKitchen, show me by using #BevsWW let’s share the food love.

The other recipe card I fancy trying is the Thai-Style Noodles, they look delicious, actually maybe I will make them today for me and my bestie, if I can get the ingredients over the road, they look so good.  Make sure you pick the recipe cards up each week, they even have a barcode on for you to scan and track on your app – gotta love technology!

My other meals yesterday were breakfast was hard boiled eggs and a pitta, was rushed.  Lunch however was so good, another Waitrose ready meal (3 for £7) chicken and mushroom risotto 13SP but so filling, which meant I only needed a light tea.

Mmm now to think of a challenge for today…

Let’s recap over the challenges so far.

Day 1) Honestly track 100%
Day 2) Add some water to your day today – drinking it obviously!
Day 3) Read your WW pocket guide & Enjoy Food with Freedom books again
Day 4) Let go of negativity and focus on the positives all day long today? 
Day 5) To have fruit and / or vegetables with every meal today, so that’s breakfast, lunch and dinner or aim for 6 portions. 
Day 6) To make sure you get some #metime or you plan some in for this week.
Day 7) Try or plan to try something new, a new ready meal or recipe, let’s stop eating the same old, same old. 
Day 8) …

Well Friday’s are usually the end of most people’s working week so you won’t want to be doing anything too taxing, how about reading another of your programme material books, “Shift your Mindset” because half the battle of losing weight is about being in the right frame of mind.  It’s not just about eating less and moving more – it’s about shifting the way you think. Because if you think differently, you’ll act differently.

If for some reason you’ve misplaced it, ask in your meeting for one next week and today and check out an article on the website instead https://www.weightwatchers.com/uk/m/cms/living/shift-your-mindset

Right I’ve got a load of office work to do, a delivery to wait in for and a cuppa to make.  I think I feel like playing in the kitchen to and cooking, we shall see.  Whatever you’re up too, enjoy.  Catch ya tomorrow BeYOUtiful. Let’s focus on the healthy & happy, I’m with you, together we will do this





No comments: