Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 13 June 2018

Press pause...

13th June 2018
Listen to the silence, it has so much to say.

Today’s challenge is simple, well it might be difficult if you’re a believer and member of the “I haven’t got time” club!    Your challenge today is to make a cuppa and then sit and sip it slowly, whilst doing nothing else.  That’s how I’ve just started my day, usually I jump straight on in and blog but after being woken by mom slamming her bedroom window whilst shouting at the pigeons, I decided to start my day slowly.  You might choose to drink yours on your break or at lunchtime at work to remind yourself there’s more to life than work, work, work.  It’s a great way to wind down at any point of the day to calm down.  At the end of your day it’s a way of calming the stresses of the day, rather than standing in the kitchen looking for something to snack on.  You could try a herbal tea, that might help you relax before bed, whilst drinking it you could review your day and think of 3 things you’re grateful for or that have made you smile.

I enjoyed my day yesterday, great meetings as always, busy, busy, busy for the time of the year which is awesome and means people are realising getting healthy is a year round project not seasonal and that makes me and them happy.


Food wise, I made the most simple, delicious dinner, sliced potatoes and onions (I sometimes using sliced carrots too) layered and chicken oxo cubes and hot water poured on top, then roasted in the oven for a couple of hours on low, taking the lid off towards to the end to brown, so simple yet so delicious.  I also do this with chicken legs and then it’s immense but they’re pointed and chicken breast isn’t so I’d but chunks of chicken breast underneath, next time I’d cook the chicken separately as it was a little tough.  Definitely a to do again soon recipe.

I have to make sure I don’t have a loaf in the house when I make it though or I eat loads of bread and spread with it.

Back to the stopping to sip your cuppa, why not prolong it a little and ask yourself the questions, because I’m sat here trying to remember what happened yesterday and it’s already disappearing from my memory.  Thankfully I have Facebook as a reminder and messenger!

3 moments I’d like to remember;

One of the day’s triumphs, large or small.

One of the day’s challenges, large or small.

One thing you’ve learned (or been reminded of) from your triumph or challenge.

An event or news story that caught your attention.

An idea from today that you’d like to explore further & your initial thoughts.

Of course you can make your own questions to ponder, it doesn’t have to be those, but it is good to reflect on our day rather than just keep going continually. 

Here’s another way you could do it;

Saw:
Heard:
Tasted:
Felt:
Indulged in:
Appreciated:
Worked on:
Thought about:
Decided to:

I like that option a lot.  10 minutes a day, you’d be amazed at how it will help especially if you struggle with stress.  I hold my stress in my body, it’s one of the reasons I suffer with back problems, my aches and pains are always worse when I’m stressed.  Meditation is excellent but some struggle with that, so this is a great alternative.

Another option

Today, one thing that occupied my

Time
Mind
Heart

You can’t beat journaling.

Right I’m off, I need another cuppa and you know what, I’m going to sip it again and just stare into space.  Catch ya tomorrow BeYOUtiful. Let’s focus on the healthy & happy, I’m with you, together we will do this!



No comments: