Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 28 June 2018

Cool start to a hot day!


28th June 2018
She was not fragile like a flower; she was fragile like a bomb.



Much better day in this house yesterday, I decided it was going to be after writing my blog, I accepted that I can’t change a lot about what’s going on but I could have an impact on it and we had a good day, actually a very good day, it meant I had to do things and think differently but it was worth it.  We also had unexpected visitors which was a surprise but turned out to be a nice one.  Watching little Ted explore my garden was great, I wished I’d had the sand down, he’d have loved that!  Mom enjoyed it too.

My sister made me an orzo salad for tea, it was delicious!  Orzo is a pasta that looks like a rice, really tasty when flavoured well, I’ll get the recipe from her for tomorrow, great cold for a work lunch. 

I had this chicken, for 12SP it's a bargain, but I have to admit it beat me, I couldn't finish it all, going to have the leftover breast on a thin for a snack today I reckon. 
 
This week in my meetings we’re looking at NSV’s (non scale victories) and how important it is to change your mindset.  I’ve just seen this post “Replace ‘sorry’s’ with ‘thank you’s.  Instead of saying ‘sorry I’m late’, try ‘thank you for waiting for me’.  See how powerful a simple change in mindset is.


Multitasking this morning Alfie wanted a walk and realising if I make him wait till I get back from my meetings lunchtime, it’ll be too hot so we’ve come out now.

Hearing some lovely non scale victories this week one last night Simon is making a pile of the clothes that no longer fit him because they’re too big and each week that pile gets higher! How fab is that, what a wonderful visual to look at each morning for motivation.

I’m think definitely No Count today as I have gammon in the fridge, a couple of thins that need using and some spuds that are sprouting so I’ll peel all that off and do mash mmm need some peas then to go with that although I have a tin of green beans or I could have baked beans, still not got me a can of Heinz curry beans. Just added a tin to my order but they won’t come till tomorrow so maybe a couple of days of no count. Will add some other No Count stuff to basket throughout the day. Cottage cheese and the like, let’s see if I can get a balance, I’ll get boiling some eggs when I get back from my walk.

It’s lovely and fresh out here this morning although it’s going to be another scorcher. I had to close my window at three this morning, the foxes were having a scrap, then I snoozed and heard mom at four having a chat with Alfie but I fell back off because my alarm startled me an hour later and I couldn’t turn the bloody thing off, kept pressing the wrong buttons, I wouldn’t mind but there’s only 5 on it!

I might have bacon thins for brekkie, I know I’m having gammon later but hey there’s no law that says you can eat the same-ish food twice in one day.

I’ll get some salmon out the freezer for tomorrow, if I use all the freezer meat and fish I only need to buy extra stuff on this week’s shop.

I’m rambling ain’t I, it’s because there’s not much going on up there this morning, just enjoying my walk. So I’ll go and I’ll head him back towards home as I have five meetings to run and stuff to do before I get there!

Have a very great day!

No comments: