Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 23 June 2018

Everything's better in the garden


23rd June 2018
Once you need less you will have more.


Life’s better in the garden, I proved that again yesterday, we had a lovely long day, my bestie popped round for a few hours and as we sat there laughing we decided my life with mom would make for an excellent sitcom on the tele.  I reckon if someone was watching it though they’d think it was too far-fetched not realising that it was all based on complete 100% truth, yes my life is that crazy.

So Saturday is usually the day most people go off track, so today are you going think  one day or treat today like day one – you decide!  I’m going with Day One because I know I’m slipping again into ‘MEH, I don’t care what I weight” territory and I do, I sure as hell don’t want to be gaining anymore anyway.  I’ve been talking No Count in meetings all week and a lot of members are giving it a go and enjoying it, I’ve decided it’s not for me at the moment, maybe the odd day to enjoy curry beans on toast and a jacket spud but not long term, when I do No Count I overdo the carbs and my body isn’t a massive fan of a lot of carbs.  Don’t get me wrong, I eat them but I just get greedy with them when they’re ‘free’ and we all know greedy isn’t a trait that’s going to help me lose weight!

I also have a fridge full of food that isn’t on the No Count list!  I did enjoy some lamb kleftico in a Weight Watchers wrap yesterday though, worked out at 7SP each but for a change it was good, wouldn’t buy the lamb again – not worth the points but the wraps mmm, I might use what’s left to make quesadilla’s, maybe with tuna and sweetcorn filling and a little bit of protein cheese, or what about black bean and butternut squash with protein cheese, that would be delicious and either 1SP on No Count for the cheese or 9SP on a counting day.  That’s using 2 wraps of course not 1.  Oh the options are endless aren’t they, so much food, so little time!

I acknowledged yesterday that my day could go either way, we’d just gone in the garden after I got back from my massage and mom was being difficult, I’m at that stage of my monthly cycle when I could fall out with a fluffy kitten if it looked at me the wrong way, it would’ve been so easy to bite back at her and then we could’ve both sat there all afternoon with one on us!  Instead I cajoled her back to a half decent mood and we enjoyed a good few hours before Lynne arrived, then even more laughter once there was the three of us.  Choose your battles ay, that’s what I say.

We all know positivity and happiness is contagious, so ask yourself what one thing can you do for someone else today.  It doesn’t have to be something big or costly, it might be paying someone a compliment, telling them how they make you feel, anything that makes someone else smile.  I’ve had lots of smile moments this week, especially all the shells members are bringing me, oh and the piece of slate one acquired – let’s say she found it in her own back garden, it now looks lovely in mine.

I love that my members kids are collecting the shells and giving them me with so much pleasure and joy, then there’s the one who gave them to me very quietly because she didn’t want to have to talk to me, sweet kids.  I can’t believe some of these kids from when I started being a WW coach left school yesterday!  They’re now getting ready for their proms.  Lynne’s lad left yesterday, he’s now a handsome giant!  Those years have just flown by, but the memories we’ve made, oh just wonderful, I can see photos in my head of moments in time over the last ten years, of perfect days.

Anyway back to reality, back to the now, today’s challenge, what can it be, I can’t wait for the end of June so I can stop doing them, my brains running out of ideas, okay today put more zero heroes on your plate so that at least you’re full before you start thinking about going off track and enjoying life a little too much.

Here’s to a sunny Saturday, to a happy day not a perfect day, to being nice to others and thinking of their feelings and to taking care of yourself in every way.

No comments: