Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 24 June 2018

Nowhere to be, nothing to do - perfect!

24th June 2018
Time has a way of showing us what matters.






Sunday morning, 7am and I’ve already done the washing up, fed not my cat and I’m now enjoying a mug of tea thinking what shall I write as yesterday was my typical wonderful Summer Saturday, cracking meeting on the morning, I blinking love that the meeting is even busier now than it was at the beginning of the year when everyone says “right let’s lose weight after Christmas”, yep folk are realising healthy is for life not just for Christmas!  Following the meeting, I walked Alfie, then spent an hour deadheading my incredible hanging baskets, pulling up the odd weeds coming through the gravel, then repotting my new precious, just the best money plant ever, I’ve only ever seen others that good in Chinese takeaways!
 How amazing is she!

 Aren't the baskets stunning, I didn't grow them but I am taking care of them.

The rest of the day was sitting, chilling, enjoying the garden and the sunshine and my mom’s company, yesterday was a good day all round, there wasn’t even much chair moving!  I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned the garden chair situation in a blog yet but basically we now have a garden full of places to sit but I still end up moving the same on for her every ten minutes because she’s hot, then she’s cold, then it’s too windy, the suns to bright - it’s like the dementia version of Goldilocks’s porridge.  I’m actually contemplating moving the settee from the top of the garden into the shade by the house so she can move from that to the chair rather than me moving the chair.  We shall see.  Ain’t my life just rock and roll, but to be honest if ‘Shall I move the garden furniture’ is the biggest decision I have to make today, I’ll take that!  I like this relaxed life I now have. 

There’s not much else going to be happening here today, I’m all for chilling out in this sunshine, I’m contemplating cooking in my meeting next week, I’ve got this morning to decide as I’ll need to get a slot for delivery tomorrow if I am.  Then to decide what to cook…. See that’s too many decisions for a Sunday!

One decision I have made is to have quesadillas for breakfast, I’ve got some leftover chicken and I’m thinking that and a bit of sweetcorn and protein cheese.  Then I won’t have to eat till late afternoon as they’ll keep me going.

I was just trying to work out what day of the year it was, not as in the 24th June but as in there’s 365 days in the year, it’s 175 by the way, so not quite half way through the year but then I realised it’s the 24th, which means 6 calendar months today it’ll be Christmas Eve – wow, that’s terrifying, how quickly life flies by. 

It’s less than 2 weeks from moms 80th birthday and I’ve done nothing, got nothing planned.  Partly because I don’t know what to do, it’ll depend on her mood how she’d react, so I don’t wanna go crazy, I’m thinking I’ll just buy or make some sandwiches and get some cake, because I know she won’t eat stuff.  Hopefully her family will drop in throughout the day and the weather will be good enough for us to be in the garden.  We’ve done so well with the fundraising, https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/moms80 it’s over £600 now thanks to the collection tub in meeting.  My aim is to smash £800 and to help us do that we’ll be having a raffle in the meeting over the next couple of weeks, plus we’re going to be doing the http://nhsbig7tea.co.uk/ in all my meetings hopefully, nothing too grand just a nice cuppa and a piece of Smart Pointed cake!

Anyway, I’ve got a dog to walk, house work to ignore, a mom to feed and water and most importantly a garden to get in, whatever you’re doing, enjoy, I know I’m going to.







No comments: