Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 21 November 2017

Who's up for a Tasty Tuesday?



21st November 2017
Become a priority in your life.

Half four start this morning, Alfie decided I needed to get up earlier than usual!  Gotta love a dog!  Had a good day yesterday, Monday’s is usually my day off but with the launch of Flex I’ve worked the last few Monday nights, that was the last for a while.  Enjoyed visiting Kate at her new Monday night meeting in Bradley (Bilston), if you’re looking for a Monday night meeting, I’d recommend it for sure.  There were some great results from Flex too, I can’t wait to see how my members have done this week.

Food, we always get back to food, I started my day quite randomly with that coconut chickpea curry, I blitzed it into a soup and it tasted nice so I had it for breakfast with a couple of these wraps that were out of date but when I opened them tasted fine. 





2 Smart Points each, £1.50 for a pack of 12.  You can taste the coconut in them, they are only the size of a side plate but I’d have them again for sure.

Then I made this lentil spread and it’s my new favourite thing and has made me realise there’s a lot of different ways I can do something similar.  I’m going to make a bigger batch up tomorrow, I dare say you could make it without the oil but I feel the oil adds some flavour and we all need a little healthy oil in our lives.  It made about 250g, that’s the equivalent of a pack of butter and there’s a whole lot more points in that. 

Lentil spread – 4sp total
70g raw red split lentils
1 small onion, about 100g
 2 cloves garlic
1tbsp olive oil (4sp)
1tsp curry powder
salt & black pepper
1tsp balsamic vinegar
25g 0% fat Greek style yogurt
 
Cook the lentils in boiling water according to packet until tender – about 20 minutes – then drain. 
Meanwhile, peel and finely chop the onion and garlic and add to a small non-stick frying pan with the oil. Stir over medium heat for about 5 minutes until thoroughly soft, then stir in the curry powder for another minute.

Put the onion mix in a bowl with the cooked lentils and seasoning, and puree until smooth. Stir in the balsamic vinegar and yogurt. Adjust seasoning as necessary.

Transfer to a serving bowl, either eat warm or cover and allow to cool, then put in the fridge to chill.

For lunch I made chicken meatballs in a tomato sauce with bare naked noodles and a bit of parmesan on top, so that only came to 3sp.

Then before I left for the meeting I plated me up some salad, boiled eggs, I added some olives to my lentil spread and had it on the wraps when I got back, really tasty and I actually enjoyed the carrot sticks, all of it took some eating which made it more filling.
Made my own tzatziki with natural yogurt, cucumber and lemon juice, I also added a few chives for good measure. 

Yeah good food can be tasty and low in Smart Points, I’m loving this Flex lark, I ended on 26SP so used a few of my weeklies, but it’s all good, I’ll pull them back before the weekend or maybe I won’t maybe instead of overindulging big style at the weekend, I’ll have a little bit of my weeklies every day, we shall see, good to have the choice.

Who’s up for a tasty Tuesday, I sure am, what shall I do with the cartons of butter beans I have in the cupboard.  I’m strugging with the texture of beans so I’ve got to disguise them in the meal.  Here’s one way of disguising them…

Spicy bean burgers, makes 4, 1sp each.

410g Cannellini Beans, cooked, drained and rinsed
410g Butter Beans, cooked, drained and rinsed
1 tablespoon Curry Powder
3 Spring Onions, chopped finely
1 Red pepper(s), de-seeded and diced finely
50g dried breadcrumbs (5 SmartPoints)
1 egg, beaten lightly
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Salt & Black pepper

1. Preheat the grill to medium and line a grill tray with foil. In a food processor or with a hand-held blender, whizz together the cannellini beans, butter beans and curry powder.
2.  Transfer to a bowl, season and mix in the spring onions, red pepper, breadcrumbs and egg until combined. Divide the mixture into four equal portions and shape with wet hands into four large burgers.
3.   Transfer the burgers to the grill tray and spray with the cooking spray. Grill for 12-15 minutes until golden, turning halfway through. Serve immediately.

Freezing
At the end of step 2, layer the burgers between baking paper in a freezerproof container.  Seal, label and freeze for up to 3 months.  To serve defrost and cook as per step 3 until golden and piping hot.


Right time to go get ready for work, here’s looking forward to some epic results at the scales, let’s end November on a high I say!

No comments: