Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 19 November 2017

My members are fully Flex'd!



19th November 2017
Some quit due to slow progress, never grasping the fact that slow progress IS progress!

Finally all my members have been Flex’d and I can start showing the points in the foods I post on Instagram, today is Day 7 of my first week, I’ve really enjoyed it and I still have 20 weeklies left – how fab is that, today is going to be a delicious day, I’m going to have avocado for breakfast and not pretend it’s a pear when I track it, it’s worth the 9sp and the fact I can have the eggs with it for zero balance out the meal.  Sue showed me how to do the perfect poached eggs yesterday too, so I shall be attempting those myself because they looked and tasted great.  She put a glug of white wine vinegar in the water, then when it was starting to bubble turned it down to a simmer and swirled then water with a spoon before dropping in two eggs then leaving them to simmer for 4-5 minutes.  I thought that was going to be too long but it worked perfectly and they were bang on.  Can’t wait to give it a go, I’ve never been any good at poached eggs. 
Hoping to play in the kitchen today with lentils and chick peas see what I can come up with, I should be sorting my office to try and find my lost glasses but I’ve got another pair and my belly is more important right now.  I want to lose some weight and enjoy my food at the same time and Flex is allowing me to do that now, whilst still enjoying my wine too.

I took a sneaky photo of a recipe in Jamie’s new 5 ingredients book in Sainsbury’s yesterday,

Spiced Lentils & Rice (serves 2-4)

75g dried red split lentils
2 onions
2 heaped tablespoons balti curry paste (60g pataks is 5sp)
200g mixed-colour kale (I could only get green!)
1 x 250g sachet of cooked brown basmati rice (11sp)

Cook the lentils in a pan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions.
Meanwhile, peel and finely slice the onioins, put them into a large shallow casserole pan on a medium heat with ½ a tablespoon of olive oil (2sp) and the balti paste, and cook for 15 minutes, or until soft and golden, stirring regularly.  Tear in the kale (disgarding any tough stalks), add a splash of lentil cooking water, cover and leave for 2 minutes.

Drain the lentils, toss into the casserole pan with the rice, cover again, and leave for a final 3 minutes.  Toss it all together, taste, season to perfection with sea salt and black pepper and dish up.  Delicious.

If it is I’ll buy his book ;)

Here’s another recipe I’ve found for us to try,

Zero Smart Points Grilled Tandoori Chicken, serves: 4


Ingredients
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Marinade
½ cup plain yogurt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon garam masala
1 tablespoon cilantro leaves
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon ginger
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper

Mix together all the ingredients. Place marinade in a large zip lock bag and add chicken breasts. Leave for at least half hour, even better left overnight.

Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade. Cook chicken on the grill over medium heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.


For those of you with Weight Watchers cookbooks here’s the conversions to Flex Smart Points for you to go through and just write them in the corner of the book pages  https://www.weightwatchers.com/uk/m/cms/article/cookbooks-conversion


I’m loving that I can have corn on the cob and salmon now for zero, I can seriously see me and my members being able to follow Flex easily and long term.

Here’s to a superb Sunday BeYOUtiful, for once I really do mean it when I say – We’ve got this!

No comments: