Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 26 November 2017

FLEXtastic results all round

26th November 2017
Spend life with who makes you happy, not who you have to impress.

Well what I say, what a FLEXtastic week it’s been, another 5 stone lost yesterday morning which brings my members total weight loss for the first week of Flex to 40 stone (I’ve gone and rechecked because somewhere along the line I got all mixed up and got my total to too much yesterday, but 40 stone is an incredible amount of weight to lose and what really stuck out to me was the lack of weight gain this week, even if members hadn’t lost for whatever reason they weren’t gaining either.  One thing I feel the need to point out also is yes there has been some amazing big losses, these were from new and newly reengaged members, however there have been even more 1 or 2lb weight losses from members because let’s remember a healthy weight loss with Weight Watchers is up to 2lb a week!  We don’t want you losing more after the first few weeks.  Why?  Because that’s generally a safe way to lose fat without losing muscle or damaging your health and also a recommendation in government health guidelines, plus it’s good common sense it’s a realistic, and practical when you think about how many calories you have to burn in a day and how much food you can realistically cut out of your diet without craving or going hungry.   What I’ve loved seeing this week is members who’ve been struggling of late finally see a result and giving me such positive feedback on how easy and enjoyable they’re finding Flex, words like ‘magnificent’ and ‘brilliant’ being thrown around, sentences like “the best plan they’ve ever done”, just mean that my job just got a whole lot better and easier for sure.

Anyway, I need to get back to being as ‘on it’ as I was the week before, this week hasn’t been quite as good and I’m sure the scales will reflect that tomorrow. 

I now have a dog scratching my leg to go for a walk so this is either going to be a short blog or I stop here and come back to it in half hour after his walk and blog later…


Well its cold out there for sure this morning, dog walked, papers, bread and milk fetched, that’s me done for the day!  Not really, usual Sunday morning ritual, clean the kitchen, potter about, cook something tasty and relax with the papers and tele, lovely, don’t get no better than that.  I’m also going to do my best to eat plenty zero foods today to pull back a bit from yesterday.   

I watched my first Christmas movie yesterday, lovely feel good film, don’t know what it was called, came across it by accident, but they’re all usually the same with different actors and titles, might find another today, it might get me wanting to do ‘Christmas’ as I have no desire at the moment.

I’m feeling comfort food too, I’ve seen some incredible omelettes on Facebook so may have that for breakfast, then for dinner I fancy swede and potato mash with something, not sure what I have in fridge, think I have some sausages, know I have turkey mince, chicken and something else, sure it’s fish, will check dates and decide.  Someone posted they’d done the donor kebab recipe with turkey mince so that’s an option.

Just been to my website http://happyowls.co.uk/Recipes/RecipesDinner/.DinnerHome.html to look for recipe and there’s quite a few things on there I could be trying.

This is one I remember being cooked for me and it was lush;

Yasmin's Yummy Lentils

1 table spoon of olive oil (5sp)
Half a onion
Two garlic cloves
Salt green
chilli
Turmeric powder
2 cups washed split red lentils
coriander to garnish

Add oil, chopped onion and garlic to a pan and on a low heat, soften onions and garlic.

Then add washed lentils and mix quickly so they don't burn or stick to pan.

Add 2-3 cups of water and mix well. Add a half teaspoon of Turmeric to the pan, mix well.

Add a chopped chill or two, preference is yours.

Mix well, and on a medium heat, cover the pan and let cook for 20 mins.

Check every 5 mins to make sure you have enough water as it evaporates very, very quickly. If so, add another cup and check again. When lentils are no longer looking like lentils, more like mushy lentils. After its all cooked, add coriander to garnish, and a huge dollop of low fat, or fat free Greek yogurt to serve.

You can have with toast, chapattis, rice, or a huge spoon.

And this one too

Chickpea mmm
Total 9sp with potato, 5sp without.  That's for all of it!

I'm not a fan of chick peas but this recipe was cooked for me and it was delicious!

One can drained chickpea,
 Tablespoon of olive oil (5sp)
medium chopped onion,
medium chopped fresh tomato,
half teaspoon. garam masala, cumin, & turmeric
one teaspoon each of ginger and garlic
Salt and chilli as needed,
Red pepper - optional
Medium diced potato - optional (4sp)

Add onions to pan, with a tablespoon of olive oil, soften onion and then add all spices, stir quickly and add chick peas. Then stir, add tomatoes and stir

Add some water and let cook on slow heat till peas get soft. You can then add red pepper and cook another 5 mins.

If you want to add potato, use one med diced potato and add when adding chick peas
Anyway, time to get on with my day, it’s so bright out there now, don’t be fooled, it’s hat and gloves weather ;)

Enjoy your Sunday BeYOUtiful.



No comments: