Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 27 November 2017

Start as you mean to go on...

27th November 2017
Don’t compare your life to others.  There’s no comparison between the sun and the moon.  They shine when it’s their time.

Where did yesterday go?  It was noon before I left my computer and phone to start my ‘day off’, I didn’t do half of what I’d planned, although I did manage to give my kitchen a good clean and cooked a sage and onion chicken dinner.  Now I’ve always been the first to say I prefer thighs over breast, so was dubious of roasting them in the oven because when I think of chicken breast, I think dry meat, how wrong was I on this occasion.  In a roasting tray I put chicken breasts with sliced onion, I squeezed half a lemon over it all and put fresh sage leaves in, the cooked on low (gas mark 3) for about half hour before turning it up to 5 for another ten minutes, oh my days so good, plus they were big too, yeah they were from Penn Road butchers, I’m beginning to sound like a parrot I know, but credit where it’s due.  One of my members had been to a local greengrocers on Saturday and she reminded us all how important it is to support local small businesses.  Anyway back to my dinner, I’d bought a swede on the morning because it was reduced in the Co-op when I went for the papers, I microwaved it whole (screaming swede) for about 20 minutes, then cut off the top and scooped out the middle bit and enjoyed that on my dinner, cooking it that way means it isn’t mushy like it can be when cooked in water.  Could become a regular on my plate, especially as it’s a Zero hero on Flex. 

Oh I didn’t lose any weight this week by the way, not surprised at all, I haven’t followed it like I did last week, I had the poorly lurgy didn’t I so felt sorry for myself, that didn’t help, mom offered me nibbles after I’d partaken in my wine, so it all went to pot.  Not to worry, fresh week, clean slate, day 1.   Fridge is full of good healthy food ready for me to follow and that tub of nibbles is empty and never being replaced.

I had a lovely omelette for my breakfast yesterday too, added a bit of cheese and a handful of olives, might do the same this morning, don’t know yet, we’ll see.  I’ve been looking for recipes, need to not shop until I use some of the foods I’ve already bought to try, so only the ingredients I need this week, maybe do online shop to stop me browsing.

My members have 4 more weigh-ins before Christmas, Flex gave them a great boost last week, we all need to be smart about our goals now, realistic with Christmas on the horizon and know what we want.  I would love to lose a few more pounds over the next 3 weeks, then mom and I can enjoy Christmas and eat whatever we want from 23-27 December.  Yep that’s my plan, I will enjoy the niceness I fancy over those few days, then get back on it, and I won’t be overbuying either.  I know physically we can only eat so much food so I’ll remember that when shopping.

Right now to go check the fridge and plan my day, get my app opened and start tracking again, habits might not be easy to change but they can be changed. 

Here’s to making Monday matter, Tuesday tremendous, Wednesday wonderful, Thursday terrific, Friday fantastic, Saturday sensational and Sunday stupendous because getting the results we want take the entire week, not the first few days of the week.  You with me BeYOUtiful, we doing this?

No comments: