Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 24 November 2017

Have you got that Friday feeling?

24th November 2017
Small progress is still progress, celebrate every tiny victory.

Lovely quick dinner had yesterday, in the slow cooker I added sliced onion, carrots, French green beans, chicken breast pieces and a can of Campbell’s condensed chicken soup (8sp) then swirled the can out with a ¼ full of water.  Delicious it was and so easy, just put it on low about 7 and ate about 2 when I got home.  One for repeating.  I did also add some roasted garlic leftover from the day before but it would work with or without.

I had egg sandwich for breakfast and for tea stewing steak on a jacket potato, I’ve not tracked yet as was rushing so let’s go do that now shall I!

Ooo I used 32sp!  More than I’d have liked but still on track, that’s why it’s better to work stuff out before hand!   Still got 23 weeklies left and all of my FitPoints.

I’m in a bit of a hurry this morning as I’m at a WW thing at 9.30 at Birmingham airport so I better get a wriggle on.  Still full of head cold hoping a good hot shower will perk me up a bit, planning on a weekend of rest to try and shake it off.

I bought some Yellow split peas on Wednesday another zero hero of Weight Watchers flex, the lady I was chatting too makes a thick soup with them but I’ve just found this recipe I could try out over the weekend.

Yellow Split Pea Dal
(11sp total, 2sp per serving) or less if you don’t use the oil
Prep Time 5 mins Cook Time 1 hour Total Time 1 hour 5 mins
Serves 6

2 tablespoons olive oil (9sp)
1 large onion chopped
3 garlic cloves minced
1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
3 cups vegetable broth
1 1/2 cups dried split peas
1/2 tablespoon ground turmeric
1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
4 whole cloves
1 2-inch cinnamon stick
2 tablespoons tomato paste (1sp)
1 tablespoon Asian chili paste or to taste (1sp)
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves for serving

1.  Heat the olive oil over medium heat in large saucepan. When the oil is hot, add the onion and sauté until soft and translucent, about five minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and sauté for another minute.
2.  Add the broth and all remaining ingredients except for the cilantro. Stir and bring to a boil.
3.  Lower the heat, cover and allow to simmer for about one hour, stirring occasionally, until the split peas fall apart, adding up to 1 cup of water during cooking if it becomes too thick.
4.  Divide among bowls and top with cilantro. Serve over basmati rice.

Right after the 14 stone lost on the scales yesterday at Bloxwich which added to the 16 stone already lost this week, we’re now at 30 stone lost by Bev’s Weight Watchers, still two of my meetings to get on the scales, can’t wait to see what our total end of year results are.  I’m hearing such fabulous feedback, my favourite from yesterday was from Deb who said, “I’ve been in and out of Weight Watchers for 19 years, I’ve even worked for the company. And this is the best plan they’ve ever done.  They have even allowed for those days where you fall off track and thing, “oh well I’ve blown it, I might as well carry on.”  With the Zero foods list you can get straight back on it.”

Sums it up perfectly, no matter how our days gone we can always have a good meal because of the extensive zero food list.

Enjoy your day, make it a fantastic Friday, the weekend is here and weeklies are still intact – all is good in the world BeYOUtiful.

 

No comments: