Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 22 October 2014

Needing lazy, quick, cheap meals!

22nd October 2014
No beauty shines brighter than that of a good heart.


Waking up is hard to do at the moment with these dark mornings, actually its not the waking it’s the getting out of bed and functioning that I’m finding difficult, I’ve been sat at my pc for ten minutes and done not a great deal and I’ve done it slowly!
Another ten minute has passed and I’ve realised I’m functioning, I’m just being distracted by other thing, checking work emails, answering questions, trying to get a video off Facebook to email to my boss, all those little jobs that make sense at 5am – NOT!

My slow cooker didn’t step up yesterday, my dinner was YAK, in fairness it wasn’t the slow cookers fault it was the food inside, sweet potato didn’t work and bbq cook in the bag was vile – just saying.  Don’t you just hate that when you’re looking forward to eating something and it’s nasty, my tea was tasty though, just fancied chicken sandwiches and that’s what I had.

We mentioned lazy meals in the meeting last night, and I think a roast chicken is one of those things, although you do have to wait for it to cook, I could use some of it today and throw it in with some pasta or stir fry it in some rice, if I’m being super lazy that rice would be microwave rice my new favourite beansprouts. 

Yep in this weather you can’t beat quick, easy meals when you get home and just can’t be bothered. They also need to be cheap with Christmas round the corner!   If you have any inbox them me please info@happyowls.co.uk .

It appears it isn’t just me on a go slow this morning, my pc is also!  That makes for a delayed start to the day; it’s scary how much I rely on this little black box in my office!

Just found this one, really quick and easy to cook and tastes like you’ve put lots of effort in;

Chicken Fricassee
Serves 2, 9pp each

100g brown rice (10pp)
low fat cooking spray
2 x 125g skinless boneless chicken breasts
300ml chicken stock (use 1½ chicken oxo cubes)
110g carrots, peeled and cut into thick chunks.
150g button mushrooms, sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
75g low fat soft cheese

Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the rice according to the packet instructions.  Drain well and leave to cool.  Meanwhile, lightly coat a deep, lidded, non stick frying pan with low fat cooking spray and heat until hot.  Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes until browned all over.  Add the stock and carrots.  Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until tender.  Meanwhile, lightly coat another small non-stick frying pan with low fat cooking spray.  Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until the juices have been released and evaporated.  Add the garlic and rice and cook for a further minute, until hot.  Divide between two plates.  Remove the chicken and carrots with a slotted spoon, reserving the stock.  Place the chicken and carrots on top of the rice.  Keep warm.  Return the pan with the stock to the hob.  Boil quickly for 1 minute.  Remove from the heat.  Stir in the soft cheese.  Pour the sauce over the chicken. 


I might do that today actually, I can use the remaining cooked chicken, it’ll still work, be lovely with some mash, which is my favourite comfort food, mash potato is the business!

Now to find something to do with that bag of sweet potatoes I’ve bought, got to say I’m not a huge fan, they’re a little too sweet but I think they’ll be lovely in a curry.  I need to learn to like them as they have a lot going for them,  they pack 438% of your daily value of infection-fighting vitamin A and, like carrots, sweet potatoes are a major source of skin-protecting beta-carotene and a medium sweet potato has 28% more potassium than a banana.

Maybe wedges or a soup http://recipes.womenshealthmag.com/Recipe/gingered-sweet-potato--carrot-soup.aspx just found this recipe which would be okay.  I’m sure I’ll find something.

Anyway I’ve got to go, my pc is killing me this morning, it’s having not of my multitasking at all!

Ooo just found this one http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/sweet_potato_and_68565  it would be F&H with your oil allowance.

Right I’m really off now, have a great day, stay positive see the grey sky as silver and smile in the face of the rain BeYOUtiful, we’re not made of sugar, we won’t melt. xx



No comments: