Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 20 October 2014

Every day starts with a sunrise...

20th October 2014
We cannot become what we want to be by remaining what we are.  Max DePree


A truly lazy day was spent yesterday, we watched a few films, one about Steve Jobs and the other one was a lovely tale called ‘barefoot’, even mom enjoyed Doctor Who which was great as normally she just sits through it but this time she was getting involved ;) easily pleased ain’t I.  You should see the sunrise from my window this morning absolutely stunning.

Well after Saturday’s day of fun and indulgence, yesterday I popped a chicken, butternut squash, pepper, onion and garlic in the slow cooker and we had a healthy lunch.  Today I plan to go make a meal plan for the week from what’s in the fridge, there should easily be enough to get us through the week from my shopping delivery that arrived Friday morning, I’m also going to do the online shop ready for this weekend, need to get into a routine again, it’s a constant battle with me as this is the opposite behaviour to my natural personality, so I have to restart and go back to basics regularly.

In my 'ideal world' I'd enjoy doing housework and cooking every day after an hour’s walk first thing, but unfortunately that’s not my natural personality and as much as I try, it never happens for long, what’s that they say about leopards?  Having said that, I won’t ever be willing to just let my inner natural lazy bitch take complete control, I will fight her all the way, same as my inner greedy cow, I fight her daily too – she’s a forceful one too, I have to work extra hard to keep her under control!

Anyway, today I will take them both on, I will make the effort, online shopping and meal plan, a bit of cleaning, I have a two hour work meeting this afternoon so that’ll stop me being a slob for two days on the trot!  I might even attempt a bit of a walk, my ankles are still cut from the blisters I got last Sunday, they were beasts of blisters if I do say so myself!

Ooo I suddenly feel all ready to go, I will start with my office then move onto the kitchen, then I plan to change my bedding and there may even be a hoover and dusters involved, you know what I’m even going to clean the inside of my bedroom window where Alfie sits looking through.  WOW writing it down makes it so real.  My mate AnnMarie is a tidy lady, I envy her I really do, I did suggest she be my cleaner but she laughed at me!  So instead I have made a new playlist on my itunes and I’ll kick that into action just as soon as my mom wakes up, lazy old lady still asleep at 8am – don’t blame her.

I haven’t made the white chocolate brownies I thought we’d indulged enough this weekend, so I may leave them till next weekend, don’t want to make the scales any worse than they already were this morning!  Yeah I blame my bestie Lynne, I always get a gain when we go out to play together!

Anyway I can start quietly tidying my office until mom wakes then I can kick into the noisy cleaner mode.  Whatever you’re doing today, make sure you find a way to enjoy it BeYOUtiful. xx





No comments: