Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 6 November 2013

Small successes all add to the bigger picture...

I ask members how we can turn a soup into something more substantial
Can you make a soup?
yes (odd bod will say no but ignore lol)
so if you can make a soup Can you make a stew?
yes how
ok so can you make that stew into a curry?
yes? how?
so now you've made a stew and a curry can can you make a casserole?
yes
so if we can make a stew and a casserole can we stick some pastry on the top and call it a pie or some potatoes and call it a hot pot?

can we freeze all of the above
6th November 2013
Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.  Jose Addison
 
I lost 1/2lb, expected 1lb but hey ho that’s 2lb in 2 weeks, so I’m not complaining and on week 8 of my journal, I promised myself I’d complete the 12 weeks and I shall, especially after seeing Jane post yesterday saying she’s starting her 5th journal and she’s sure they help her, Jane’s lost 8 stone since September 2102, so I’m gonna listen to her I think!
 
Didn’t really make much fuss in the kitchen yesterday or Monday, isn’t it funny how some weeks we do and some weeks we don’t, how our moods change, this is why weight loss can be a challenge because its success has to cope with your behaviour and that changes and varies depending on your mood!  I’ve stayed on track, stuck with Filling & Healthy but it’s been very plain, we had grey peas with gammon bits for dinner, it’s a Black Country bonfire night thing, the I made a little more effort with tea and had asparagus (only 69p in Aldi!)  with crumpets and poached eggs was delicious and only 9pp on a ProPoint day. 
 
I need to make a bit of effort today, I want to really enjoy my dinner, it doesn’t have to mean spending hours in the kitchen afterall, might opt for wholemeal spaghetti again, throw in some veggies and chicken, mmm that’ll do.  Might try to make a bit of a cream sauce with Quark or low fat Fromage Frais, we’ll see.  Breakfast I think is going to be shredded bite size with the lemon quark on as that’s really tasty, and a banana.  Planning as I’m typing I like it when that happens, then I could have crumpets for tea again, nice and easy and quick.  Days meals sorted in minutes, see it doesn’t have to be difficult does it.  And I need to do this as I want another 1lb off next week on those scales, half stone for Christmas!
 

I’ve just remembered a recipe I spotted on facebook last week for Shish Style Kebabs, the picture as you can see looks delicious, they’re made using;
 
1 lb raw minced chicken, (12pp)
add 1 grated onion,
add 1 tsp ground cumin,
1 tsp ground turmeric,
1 tsp chilli powder,
2 crushed garlic cloves,
1 tsp fresh ginger,
fresh coriander stalks finely chopped,
(also chopped red and green chillis for the adventurous)
and juice of half lime or half a lemon.
 
Mix well and then form mixture round soaked kebab sticks or metal skewers and leave in fridge for ½ hr or overnight if you wish then grill, they only take a few minutes each side as they cook really quickly.
 
They do sound really good, much get me some lean chicken mince, not sure how many sticks they make but the whole recipe is only 12pp or F&H = Bargain, be lovely on a bed of wholemeal rice with mushrooms in it. mmm hungry now and it’s only 5.15am! I thinks that’s called head hunger as my belly ain’t making noises ;-)
 
Right Wednesday’s another busy day so I better get to it, finished yesterday with 18900 steps on my pedometer, which was my scrumptious 6pp glass of wine earned last night, here’s to another good result.
 
Have a  wonderful day, take care of you and Eat Gorgeous because you are always BeYOUtiful.

No comments: