Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 28 November 2013

Comfort Food enjoyed in the right way...



Thursday 28th November 2013 

When a man gives his opinion he’s a man.  When a woman gives her opinion she’s a bitch.  Bette Davis

Day one back on track, breakfast, Spanish onion and spinach omelette with a couple of spoons of baked beans, lunch smoked haddock, jacket potato, broccoli and 40g cheese (from weeklies), then for tea I had scouse.

Now I’d tried to make this scouse in the slow cooker and it didn’t work, it just turned out as a stew with quite runny liquid, whereas this is the recipe;

Scouse
Serves 3, F&H or 11pp per serving

420g Lean Diced Casserole Beef (16pp)
600g of Potatoes, Diced (12pp)    
5 or 6 Carrots, Sliced
1 large Onion, Sliced 
6 Beef stock cubes (3pp)
2 tsp Olive Oil (3pp)

Spray Olive Oil in a large pan and heat.  Add the beef and cook on high to seal it.  Drain any fat and add the onion and cook for a couple of minutes.  Add the carrots and potatoes and add enough hot water to cover.  Add the oxo cubes and stir.  Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 3-4 hours until the liquid reduces and it goes really thick – you know when it’s ready as you can stand a spoon in it! Delicious the next day.


I have to say cooking it on the hob made a massive difference and dicing the potatoes smaller helped too I think, I used different quantities because I’d bought 1kg of beef (35pp) reduced in the asda so I added 1kg potatoes (21pp), 6 large carrots and 4 medium onions and 9 oxo cubes (4pp), only used a bit of spray oil and the bowl I ate for my tea last night was perfect – just like the stew my mom used to make and I’ve never been able to replicate, I can’t wait to eat it today and I’m sure small diced potatoes and cooking on the hob was what made the difference for sure. 60pp for a huge pan of scouse that will easily make 8 bowls I’m sure, mmm love food I do!  

A day of Filling & Healthy complete, I’m going to do it till Sunday when I’ll eat what’s put in front of me because I’m at my conference and someone else will have cooked it, plus I’ll have been on a coach for hours.

Sat here this morning think, boo I’ve got to wash my hair, had it cut yesterday and even though it’s still shoulder length, the front bits are chin length and I can’t easily get it in a bobble like I usually do for convenience, I’ve woke up with it a bit of a mess.  So why did I have it cut because I want to grow the colour out, I’ve had all the split ends cut out too, I’ve decided to go grey disgracefully ;).  Everyone last night was saying how they liked my hair, how fab it looks down, how it made me look younger and I just kept moaning, saying “I don’t care how young I look, it’s not practical – I can’t tie it up and its getting in my eyes and up my nose” Don’t get me wrong I love the cut it’ll just take some getting used to, I want to persist to see if I can get used to having it down and if not I’ll get it in a pony tail however lame it looks trust me!

Right I better got because I need to get all my usual stuff done and blow dry my hair, have a fab day all, whether ProPointing or F&H enjoy it, I’m mostly eating scouse all day except for breakfast.

BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: