Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 20 November 2013

Family & Food = Good times....

20th November 2013
If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely. Roald Dahl. 


So my filling and healthy cottage pie went down extremely well with my visitors, no special recipe just lean beef mince, carrots, onions, beef oxo stock, Worcestershire sauce, mash and 20g of cheese on the top of each, they were 11pp each or F&H using 2pp of weeklies for the cheese topping.  I have to say having my cooking appreciated makes me more inclined to want to cook again.

On today’s menu is the goulash not sure if we’ll have it with brown rice or Actifry chips, we shall see what my guests fancy.  It was so good to see my brother and his wife yesterday, it’s been a long time and so it was a late night as you can imagine!

138lb lost in my meetings yesterday, it’s great to see everyone still focused and on track despite the cold weather and the fact Christmas is looming.  I was reading an article yesterday that talked about how people do a two week extreme diet before Christmas as a last ditch attempt to get into an outfit, however this just means that the then gain way more over Christmas.  There are no quick fixes or fast solutions, we all know that really.  I had members joining yesterday and following the plan either ProPoints or Filling & Healthy, in 4 weeks they could lose 8lb may a little more, that’s a nice way to approach Christmas, by staying on track now it’ll also mean they won’t go berserk over Christmas with the thought, “I’ll start in January”, that can be a sentence that causes a great gain on the scales!

Food to help you lose does not have to be tasteless or difficult, my cottage pie yesterday was easy and both my brother and his wife said if they’d been served that in one of those posh country pubs down South where Alexis’s family lives they’d have been well impressed.
I intend to stick to using Filling & Healthy ingredients as much as possible for the rest of the year, I don’t want a crazy gain over Christmas, I’ll plan to enjoy myself and have a bit of what I fancy but I’m not going to get that “sod it” mindset because the discomfort of overeating is just not enjoyable to me anymore. 

Alexis reads my blog daily from Corfu and follows my facebook page and she’s even put in requests for meals she’s seen on their whilst she’s staying with us :) this being one of them;

So simple to cook, a delicious cheap F&H meal - wholemeal spaghetti, red pepper, onion, mushrooms, spinach & bacon medallion and to be honest when I cooked it I realised it didn’t even need the bacon, it was delicious without.

Do you have any cheap to cook delicious F&H recipes?  If you do, sent them to me at info@happyowls.co.uk and I’ll share them with others.  I think my favs so far have been the Donor Meat, I think I might make some grilled red pepper hummus today, that’ll be tasty as a light tea tonight on toasted WW bread or in a WW wrap or pitta, mmm trip to Asda needed I think!  So many recipes so little time ;-)

Anyways I better get ready for work, busy day as always, another cold one here too, let’s make today Winter Warmer Wednesday, comfort food is necessary I feel, goulash for us…
What you having?  Remember to Eat Gorgeous BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: