Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 3 November 2013

Believe you can and you're half way there....

3rd November 2013
Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. Eleanor Roosevelt




Who was I trying to kid yesterday when I said I’d spend a few hours cooking!  Really on a Saturday afternoon when I’ve just done a full week at work (40+ hours) followed by a training day (out of the house 11hrs), it wasn’t really going to happen was it, I was in need of rest and recuperation, especially as I’d been off sick the week before!  So of course it didn’t transpire and when I got back from my massage I just wanted to eat, not faff about, so I put on a pan of brown rice and walked away for twenty minutes, then bunged on some veg in another pan, and I ended up really enjoying my easy lunch, no messing, then for tea I had a pastrami sandwich because I wasn’t really hungry.  Got me a very early night too, as my body clocks been all out of whack since the clocks changed and I’ve been waking up at 4am most mornings, slept from 8-5am so hopefully it’s sorted now :-)

I often do that, wake up with that “I’m going to do this today”, I don’t always get to it but I always think it’s better to start with the best of intentions than to start the day thinking, “I ain’t going to get nothing done today”, it’s the difference between a ‘Can do’ and a ‘Can’t do’ attitude, the one will get you everywhere, the other will get you nowhere!  Which have you got?  It’s not just how you get up in the morning, it’s how you approach anything, weight loss of course being one of those things, if you start thinking to yourself, “I can’t do this” then guess what – YOU WON’T!  If however you think, hell yeah I can, you’re much more likely to succeed.

I said goodbye to ‘Sod It Saturday’ yesterday, how many times have I said or heard, “I’m ok till the weekend”, heck I don’t even have to say it out loud to be thinking it when I get on track on a Monday, however this week I’ve said, “NO to sod it, I can make it through the weekend, and I will!” and so far I have.

If you’re reading this shaking your head thinking to yourself, I don’t think I can generate a ‘CAN DO’ attitude, my only question would be;
"Why not?"

I can give you loads of examples of people who had the can do attitude, Abraham Lincoln , he lost plenty of elections before he was elected President of the US, Thomas Edison  created thousands of prototypes that didn’t work before finally inventing the light bulb, you often have to fail at something before you can succeed!  But to succeed you need to stick at it and have that can do attitude!

If you’re struggling with the concept and you’re still on the ‘can’t do’ team, then look at your reasons, why don’t you believe you can do it, what can you learn from past attempts, what are your excuses (we all have them), is there something in your way – can you work around it rather than quitting, do you need to plan, do you need more than one plan, sometimes our Plan A gets scuppered so maybe we need Plan B in place.

Just think about what you could achieve if you believed you were capable!  Get yourself that positive attitude, stay positive – Believe in Yourself. Xx

Repeat after me;

Have a great day, Eat Gorgeous & always BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: