Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 29 March 2013

It feels good to be making the effort!

29th March 2013
Take pride in how far you have come and have faith in how far you can go.  Christian Larson.
We wish you a merry Easter and a happy new spring!  That’s what I found myself singing last night as I loaded my car, I was singing it to the tune of ‘we wish you a merry Christmas’ because of the snow on the ground all around me!  Let’s hope the clocks going forward and Easter will bring with it the spring and then the sunshine will follow asap please because everyone has had enough of winter now and we would all benefit enormously from a bit of warm weather.
I got away with a 1/2lb gain yesterday but that is 2.5lb gained in 3 weeks, I’m still 1 1/2lb lighter than I was in January (slow progress I know!) and I’m on it now, day 1 complete and it looked like this;
Breakfast  - Scrambled egg and toast (5pp)

Lunch – Leek and mustard bake (6pp) recipe on www.happyowls.co.uk
Tea – Couscous, chorizo & butterbean stew, chargrilled courgettes (9pp) recipe will be on www.happyowls.co.uk as soon as I type it up as I was making it up as I went along, playing Master Chef in the kitchen.  I'm rather pleased with it if I do say so myself ;-)

 








Then I had 3pp for milk in my drinks, I earned 8pp which of course meant I could have wine ;-) good day all round and really enjoyed it.
It’s important to realise and work with the kind of person you are when losing weight, I am a foodie, I love food to look lovely, I like to eat different foods and to make my meals interesting whereas my bestie just likes to be full and likes it to be easy – she doesn’t want to cook, her words were, “Boring and routine works for me. I like traditional dinners... Not good in trying new stuff”
That’s why it’s vital that you identify your preferences and patterns and work with them, it makes sticking to the plan so much easier. The other thing you need is patience because you’re not going to lose it all overnight, the one thing that’s likely to make me cry is watching someone else get upset and cry over their weight loss journey which I did see this week and honestly folks it’s really not worth it.  I appreciate it’s difficult and you may want that weight loss asap but if we do it properly it’ll only have to be done once and then you work on the maintenance.
Life is too short not to enjoy every day, apparently I was told yesterday by someone who’d been talking to a laughter expert that if you laugh for 20 minutes a day you are likely to live an extra 8 years!  There you go, get laughing!  Mom and I laugh lots, I couldn’t even tell you some of the things we laugh about, partly because they’re so wrong and partly because my memory is dreadful and I forget!  My mom is just so random you have to laugh with her or there’s something wrong with you.
So today is the test, me and my bestie get to hang out and it’s an overnighter!  I have a plan though, I’m going to prepare us something delicious and low in ProPoints and I will stick to my wine but not be ridiculous!  I want a weight loss next Thursday and I’m going to do everything in my power to get one!  I can live without chocolate eggs we don’t really celebrate Easter here so I’m lucky. 
Whatever your Easter plans are, the most important thing to remember is enjoy it, only do as much damage as you’re willing to see show on the scales next week!
BeYouTiful xx

No comments: